Xavier has loved reading the Gingerbread Man over the holidays so I decided we should make some gingerbread cookies. Xavier was ecstatic. I think he thought that when I took them out of the oven they'd coming running out just like the gingerbread man in the book.
What a big cheese! We've only made cookies one other time together and he wasn't too interested. But this time he had so much fun rolling out the dough and using the cookie cutters to make the cookies. Notice he has more flour on himself than on the table. He liked playing with the flour the most. Every time we'd go to roll out more dough he'd grab a huge handful of flour and say, "mama it's raining!" as he'd sprinkle the flour on the table.
My little sous chef was a great helper!
As we rolled out the cookie dough and made little gingerbread cookies he insisted on making a mommy gingerbread person, a daddy gingerbread person, and a baby gingerbread person. I tried adding raisins for eyes, but Xavier ate them all before I could even put them on the cookies.
This is what the table looked like afterwards. I can always tell how much fun Xavier had by how big the mess is at the end. I'd say he had a good time. Happy baking!
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment