Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

This year we joined Tim's older brother John and his family for some Christmas Eve fun. Xavier loves playing with his cousins Zach, Eli, and Abbi. Even though the boys are a little older they act like he's just one of the gang. They let him play their drum set and guitars, which he absolutely loves. And last time we were over there Xavier learned how to run suicides. I had to laugh when Xavier told me this because you don't normally hear a 2 year old saying "I ran suicides with Zach and Eli". They sure give him a run for his money....

John's families first tradition is to open a present, which is always pajamas. They were so sweet and got Xavier a pair of Thomas pajamas. He immediately had to put them on so he could be Thomas.


This is the best pic we had of him in his pajamas.



They also got him a few books, which he insisted on daddy reading to him.



We got Zach and Eli Under Armor Michigan State wrist bands, which they sported around in all night.



For our cute little girlie girl niece we got a hat and scarf. She's such a cutie patootie!

After we opened presents we read the Christmas story out of the Bible and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. I wish I had snapped a picture of the cake and the kids surrounding it singing. It was so cute! I think this really helped Xavier to know the true reason for Christmas.

We had a great time and felt the love of family and the true Christmas spirit! We are so glad we could share it with John's family this year!

2 comments:

The Lindsays said...

I love the idea of having a birthday cake and singing to Jesus on Christmas Eve. I've heard of other people doing the same and have thought it would be a wonderful tradition to include in our usual. LOVE Xavier's pajamas...I wish I would have seen them out here so I could have bought some for Ethan! They are two peas in a pod!

Sarah said...

Zach and Eli are such big boys now!!!