Wednesday, October 7, 2009

S3 Apple Picking

I've organized a mom's playgroup for the S3 Association that I co-direct. I planned an apple picking day at Clearview Orchard in Haslett. We went here last year and had so much fun that I've decided to make it a yearly fall tradition. It just happened to be amazingly cold and windy the day that I planned it. Our group was a little scarce due to the bitter cold. I was a little sad that I had to pull out the winter gloves and hats. Xavier, Kylie, and Tyler didn't seem to notice the cold. They were engrossed in filling their bags of apples. I think Xavier ate almost as many as he picked. But hey, that's part of the fun!




Xavier exploring the rows and rows of apple trees. He had to make sure he got the best apples!



Kylie demonstrates how to pick the perfect apple. Hold with your hand, pull, and twist.



Crunch! Now that's the sound of a darn good apple.



The fruits of their labor. A job well done, Kylie and Xavier!

2 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

I've noticed that kids don't really notice changes in the weather, it's the adults that mind! I can't wait to go pick apples, too!

The Lindsays said...

How fun! I wanted to go apple picking so bad this year and Santaquin has several apple orchards...but NONE of them let you pick your own. Bummer. Glad you had a good time.