First of all, I have a ton of pictures to post, but for some reason our camera base is broken. Of course this happens when I'm all caught up. Now I'm behind on my posts once again. Many pictures to come.
For now, I have a story. It starts out something like this....Once upon a time there was a little boy. And when he was good he was very very good. When he was bad he was very very bad. Mornings have been a little rocky for this boy lately and his mommy has become quite upset with him. Instead of listening to his mommy or helping his mommy clean up his messes he just says, "Mommy quit being a dragon."
His mommy seemed quite surprised to hear that she was being compared to a dragon. She's never breathed fire out of her mouth, she's never stolen a prince and kept him locked up in a tower, and she's never scared anyone before. But apparently to this boy his mommy resembled these characteristics. This mommy is definitely far from perfect and this is a perfect example that sometimes mommy's have to be dragons. Mommy can't always be the good guy.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
5 comments:
I kind of just alluded to this in a blog post, but Violet likes to put the members of our family into the books we read. She is always the princess of course. And so far I have been Maleficent, Ursula the sea witch, and the wicked stepmother. I finally asked her why today and she said it was because I'm mean.
Well sure, whenever I look at Ashley I always think, "Oh look, a dragon!"
I can so relate to this post. Currently, I'm at my MIL's and I'm on the computer because I am not welcome to play with, hug or kiss my daughter when Grammie is around. For now, she forgives the meanness pretty quickly, after being disciplined, but I sometimes worry about how to keep that balance between being firm in my expectations and yet being close to her as she gets older.
TOO funny! The kids always make me Miss Hannigan from Annie. Madi constantly asking, "Why do I have to do EVERYTHING around here?" You know, when I ask her to put away a toy of hers or put away her backpack after school?! Being a mom is a thankless job sometimes!!!
Ha! Emma just told me yesterday that she only has terrible days everyday. I asked her why and she said it is because I always ruin them. NICE!
Post a Comment