Xavier has moved into a big boy bed! It's official- he's no longer my little baby anymore. I'm not ready to accept this. I knew that as long he was in a crib I could continue believing he'd stay my baby forever. But now reality has hit.
We didn't plan on doing this for a while, but it just kind of happened. Xavier has always been great about going to bed until a couple weeks ago when he would kick and scream and cry anytime we mentioned it was time for bed. Then he would beg to "fall asleep in mommy and daddy's bed." We'd lay him in our bed, turn his music on, and he would be completely content. He wouldn't even attempt to get out of our bed. After a week of this night time routine we decided something had to change. It entered my mind that maybe he was telling us he was ready for a toddler bed. Tim took his crib down and voila! Xavier was like a totally different kid. He was jumping up and down and giggling like crazy. He immediately gathered every single stuffed animal he owned and had to play on his bed for the next several days. Problem solved. Xavier is now a happy sleeper again. ( and so are his parents.)
We are so proud of him for hitting this big milestone!
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
3 comments:
It is a crazy milestone...they seem so much older when they're not in a crib. Way to go Xavier!
I still can't believe it, but it's good that you recognized he was ready for it! I would've kept Bauer in his forever if I it were possible! :)
The hat totally emphasizes the big boy look. SO cute!
Post a Comment