Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Michigan vs. Michigan State

Any time rivals Michigan and Michigan State play each other I look forward to it! For many fans, it's because it's a huge rivalry. For me it means more than that. Mine and Tim's first date was back in 2001 when Michigan State beat Michigan. At the time I was still living in Ann Arbor and I was a Michigan fan. (you can't hate me too much for this because I had just moved to Michigan and I was planning to go to school there. I didn't realize the mistake I was making yet. Now that I know which school is superior my blood will forever run green.) So I look forward to this game every year because it is football that helped bring Tim and I together.

I was planning on going to the game this past weekend and had been looking forward to it all week. Unfortunately my sister-in-law ended up in the hospital over the weekend so I offered to stay home and watch Xavier and her son, Kameron. Even though I wasn't at the game we created our own fun at home!



I made pumpkin oranges with fruit inside as a fun side to Kameron and Xavier's lunch.



I also made State peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the kiddos.




The two videos are of Xavier and Kameron going to a "football party".

Since Tim and I's first date in 2001 Michigan State has not won against Michigan at home. At least until now! My Spartans are back! Go green! Go white!

5 comments:

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Oh my gosh how fun! I just have to tell you I saw that last night and it brought me to tears because I knew you were taking good care of Kam. I love you guys so much and am so grateful for all you've done. Thankyou for being an amazing sister in-law, aunt and friend. It made my hospital stay a little better knowing that Kam was being well loved and cared for while I wasn't there.

Aubreydoll said...

Ashley, you are so amazing!! What a fun mom (and aunt)!

The Lindsays said...

I wish I had your creativity and motivation...holy cow woman. Xavier is one lucky kid!

Linz said...

I can't get over the State sandwiches. That's awesome! You're the coolest!

Sarah said...

That is WAY CUTE!!!!