Friday, August 7, 2009

The Faith of a Child

Another cute thing that happened today was this.....My parents just got into town and will be staying with us tonight. I was trying to get some cleaning done and Xavier was playing as usual. Then he decided to turn his music on (he listens to the churche's children's songs when he naps and sleeps) So he turned it on and kept playing. I looked over and realized he had stopped playing with his trains and was laying on his stomach with his head close to the CD player. His face was completely entranced by the music. The next moment was priceless. He turned to me and matter-of-factly said, "God loves me! Jesus loves me mamma!" Then went back to his trains. It was at that moment that I realized how much I love my Heavenly Father and how grateful I am for the sweet spirit He sent to me.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

That brings tears to my eyes. What a precious little boy, and how cool that the spirit touches them, at such a young age!

The Lindsays said...

That is so sweet! I love moments like that.

Aubreydoll said...

How sweet!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Wow, melt my heart that is so cute. What a pay day as a parent!

Kendra said...

Oh Xavier!! What an amazing little angel:) Makes me want to cry! That is awesome, seriously. You guys are such amazing parents:) glad you got to witness that moment.

Erin said...

So sweet! It's surprising sometimes how much they understand!

We decided to change the privacy setting on our blog to allow only invited readers...but don't have your email address to send you an invite. Do you want to email it to us?

rande_richins@hotmail.com