Sunday, August 3, 2008

WICKED Awesome!



Tim got me 2 tickets to see Wicked at the Wharton Center for Mother's Day this year. So I had the privilege of going to see it this weekend with my sister-in-law Amy. We had a blast! It was an afternoon show. While we were doing our girl thing, Tim, Joe, and all the kids went swimming at the EL Aquatic Center.
First off, I didn't like the book as much as I thought I would. But seeing the musical was amazing. I LOVED IT! The woman who played Glinda (the good witch) was so hilarious. Her character was very entertaining. Elphaba (the wicked witch) had such a beautiful voice and wonderful stage presence. The stage scenery was out of this world. I can see why everyone I knew wanted to go see it.
Tim and I used to see plays at the Wharton Center all the time when we were dating and first married. But ever since we moved away from East Lansing we haven't gone to plays, musicals, etc. So it is so nice to be back here and to be able to partake of the arts. I may not be able to sing or act or dance very well myself, but I have a huge appreciation for the arts and jump at any opportunity to watch those who have such talents.
Thanks Tim for a fun day and a great Mother's Day gift. Amy, I had so much fun going to the play with you. We need to do it again.

7 comments:

Linz said...

I loved seeing this last year. Glad you enjoyed it!

Aubreydoll said...

Wasn't it so awesome?! I loved even more than I thought I would! I think I might try to go back again this week and do the lottery thing...

Tim R said...

I'm glad you had a good time:)

marlene said...

i love wicked. i'm glad that you could go, Ashley, and bien hecho timoteo.

Kendra said...

I'm soooooooooooo jealous!! of all the times that we don't live in Michigan! Karin got to go when she was in london in May, and of course has told me all about it, and we've listened to the soundtrack a ton and now I am DYING to see it!! I'm so glad that you got to have a fun night out with Amy, tell her hi for me!! Tim is a good man to do that for you:) Miss you guys!! Can't wait to see you sooooooon! Also, maybe we will be coming in January:) KU plays MSU on January 10! If there is any way we can make it we will!

The Richardson Clan said...

Kendra, we would love it if you came to visit us in January. It might not be the nicest weather, but we have fun no matter what right? :)

The Lindsays said...

I'm SO jealous! I want to see it so bad. It's coming to Utah next year, but the tix are going to be next to impossible to get. What a fun gift!