Sunday, May 11, 2008

Whoops!

I feel like ever since I was pregnant with Xavier I've been slowly losing my mind. Not really, but I feel a lot more forgetful and ditzy these days. Xavier and I went to Target Friday to get a few things. I placed my car keys in the cart next to Xavier. As we were looking at a few summer t-shirts for Xavier he kept trying to throw his pacifier on the ground. I kept trying to keep him entertained while I was looking for the things I needed. As I was heading to the checkout aisle I looked down and realized my keys were nowhere to be found. In my head I start freaking out. Where in the heck did they go? I was searching every inch of the shopping cart, every pocket on my body, and my diaper bag. Still no where to be found. I checked everything again. No where. At this point I'm having visions of having to wait at Target until Tim could get there with my second set of keys. Yeah that was not going to be fun. Next I'm thinking there is no way I'm going to find my keys in this store. They could be anywhere! I finally decided to go back to the clothing section. My eyes are scanning every inch of the floor hoping and praying I find the keys. Luckily I spot a small silver shiny glare by one of the t-shirt stands. YES I scream in my head. I found my keys. Disaster avoided. Thank goodness. I learned my lesson- never put my keys next to Xavier again. (And hopefully no one noticed me frantically searching my cart and the store wondering if I was a crazy lady)

3 comments:

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

I definatley have those moments more often then I'd like. I blame it on the whole pregnancy thing:)

Sarah said...

uh, yeah, it's worse with two... I just get more and more scatter brained every day.