Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

This weekend is just full of exciting moments. So, Saturday we went to Holland, Michigan to check out the tulip festival. We met up with Joe, Amy, and their kids; and Grandma, Grandpa, and Mary. It was a beautiful day. On our way back home we decided to stop in Okemos for some dinner at the Olive Garden. Everything was going great until Xavier threw his pacifier under the table. I knelt down on the floor trying to retrieve his pacifier. Mind you, the server had just brought our food to the table at the very same time. As I was coming out from under the table I feel liquid falling onto my head. My first thought is that Xavier somehow got a hold of a glass of water and tipped it over. Then I hear a voice nervously apologizing over and over realizing the server had tipped my dinner plate. I had ordered a chicken dish with an apricot dressing. So as you can imagine this sauce was very sticky. (just as a side note I did not bump the server, but since I was by him when he set my plate on the table the liquid that fell off the plate just so happened to get my head) It got all over the back of my hair and on my clothes. The manager came right out to address the situation and offered to pay for my dry cleaning. Why he'd offer that I don't know, because I wasn't wearing anything that looked dry clean worthy. I assumed they wouldn't charge me for dinner. But at the end of our meal when I got the check, the dinner was not taken off the bill. We did get a free dessert, but I didn't tip the guy. I felt bad about not tipping him. What do you think about me not tipping, did I do the right thing?

4 comments:

Linz said...

Dude, you should have totally gotten your dinner free!

The Lindsays said...

What a crappy night?! I wouldn't have tipped him either...you should have at least gotten your dinner for free. And, seriously, Xavier has got to stop throwing things?! ;-) Like that will ever happen, right?! I have totally had those kinds of days...it comes with the territory, I guess!

Holly,Jeff,Liberty said...

well I am not sure that I would have tipped either. I am suprised they didn't give you your meals for free. I would have been very embarassed if I were the manager and not charged for the meals. you'd think they would bend over backwards making sure you'd come back another time...but who know's. Sorry that happened to you!

Stephanie said...

Yikes! I think I'd have a hard time tipping someone who spilled my dinner on my head!