Saturday, October 8, 2016

Thanksgiving in the Mitten

Another Thanksgiving, another drive to the Mitten.  It is probably my family's favorite time of year.


First stop, Jen's house.  Each year it's a gamble whether or not it will snow.  This year it started snowing before we even arrived in Michigan.  

Our first morning in Michigan the boys played out in their first snow of the season along with Amelia. 

My little eskimo.
While the kids threw snow balls, built snow men, and made snow angels, Tim, Jen, Amy, Joe and I visited the Detroit temple.

My favorite date to go on with my love.

We even saw our dear friends the Warners at the temple. 
The next day we visited John and Reva's family.  Many of us went to an MSU basketball game together.
The cousins, being cousins.
Reid's first MSU basketball game!
Why who is that?  Another good friend....Ryan Horricks.  What are the odds of bumping into him here.....good times.
We took some time to stop by the Prosser's house.  These kids just get cuter with age and they keep multiplying....Whoa!
My running buddies.  Love having some girl time while exercising!
Next stop was to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  It wouldn't be a Richardson get together without some friendly competition amongst in laws and siblings.
Cousin squeezes.  Cousin for life!  Liberty, Lillian, Abby, Allison, Natalie, Claire, Kameron, and X-man.

Reid is quite new to the Richardson crew.  I thought he'd be a little overwhelmed with so many people and so much activity, but he fit right in as if he'd been around everyone his whole life.  It's so wonderful seeing all the new little people join our family one by one.  We keep growing, yet we have more people to love and be part of the Richardson posterity.  God's plan for us to come to Earth in family units is truly a happy plan.
A beautiful group of ladies.
All the kiddos did the usual Thanksgiving Eve sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's house while Tim, Amy, Joe, Dave, Katie and I did our traditional Black Friday breakfast and shopping trip.

Big cuz hanging with little cuz.  Pokemon marathon.

Back to breakfast.....look at the size of that Cinnamon Roll.  It was either made for Giants or enough to feed 6 adults.
Mary and Joey met up with us for lunch and little more shopping that afternoon.
Our last and final fun day was to watch an MSU football game.  

Where Tim and I's journey all began!! We love MSU, but I love Tim even more.



We won!  Aroo! Aroo!
We left for PA the next morning.  Although our trip had come to an end we were smiling all the way home having been filled with our families hugs, kisses, laughter and influence to keep us going until we see everyone again.  
To finish off our November I have to post Tim's Movember 'stache as the icing on the cake. This year I think is the best yet or at least the most unique.  I'll let you be the judge.
One day I will have four hairy beasts in the house....until that day comes I will enjoy these boys baby soft cheeks and hope that day doesn't come too soon.

0 comments: