Monday, March 3, 2014

Annual Valentine's Day Dinner and Game Night

The boys have been enjoying the preparations we have been making for Valentine's day this year.  Xavier and I made Valentine bookmarks instead of cards for his card exchange at school.  Gavin and I made little Valentine gift bags for his preschool class.

Xavier even made a Lego Love Boat.  He said it even shoots heart bombs.
Gavin wanted to make a monster Valentine box.  This monster is hungry for LOVE!
We had so much fun painting it and picking out all the things to put on it.
Xavier is not into the ooey gooey love stuff so we went with a little tough love and made a tank Valentine card box.  
Mr. Reid is our little heartbreaker this year!  My heart just melts looking at this chubby monkey.

I was supposed to help out in Xavier's class for their Valentine party, but with the winter like it's been we unfortunately had a snow day and his class didn't end up having the party.  I was pretty bummed.  But we still were able to have our family Valentine dinner. 
A homemade heart pizza!
Our table setting.   The after dinner entertainment was heart themed games.  Xavier came up with heart tac toe.  We did a heart healthy relay where we raced each other doing different things such as hopping from one end of the room to the other, slithering like snakes, dribbling a basketball, and so on.  Their hearts were pumping after that one.  I had also made a heart match up game for Xavier's class, so I had the boys try to find each hearts other half.  

I'm sure lucky to have such a wonderful loving family!

0 comments: