Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bunk Beds

The boys experienced one of the best days of their life.  (at least in their minds it was pretty awesome!)  They got bunk beds.  We've been talking about it for a little while and they were thrilled when the day finally came.  They couldn't help but jump for joy and break in their new beds.  

I am hoping that this will finally solve all of Gavin's not wanting to go to bed games.  (Well, at least for a little while until the newness of it wears off.  I'll take whatever I can get)
The ladder is definitely a big hit.  Xavier is on the top and Gavin is on the bottom.
Getting comfy!

The room looks a little scary right now.  This is the before mommy organized everything shot.
 Xavier's love of sharks is still going strong and has rubbed off on Gavin, so I stuck with that theme for their new room.  I added a red bookcase, some wall shelfs (the wall shelfs are actually spice racks that I got from Ikea for $3 each.  I painted them gray and voila they were instant shelves for books), and a bean bag for a little reading nook.  I got a fisherman's wheel for the small wall.
 Then I saw this plank board shark and had to have it to put on the big wall in their room.  The toys are now organized!!  

Then I found some matching bedding to keep the color scheme I had before.  This is definitely my favorite room right now.  It makes me want to live by the beach.
Next project: the baby's room.

1 comments:

Allison said...

Oh my goodness that is awesome!!! It turned out so great!! I noticed you got stuff from Land Of Nod....my favorite!! Well I just absolutley Love it- and by the looks of your boys they like it too :)3