Sunday, May 27, 2012

Muffins with Moms

The second annual Muffins with Moms was Wednesday May 9th. This is definitely an event I have looked forward to both years Xavier has attended preschool.

As we entered the building the teachers presented our hats that we had to wear during this special occasion. They were tie dyed bonnets.  So cute!  Then we sat down where we found all sorts of special things from our kids.  We had a handmade oven mitt, a big muffin with a poem on it, a flower in a pot, and a placement.  
The muffin had a note inside that read:
Dear Mommy,
I think of all the things you do
And then I know why I love you.
You make me breakfast, you wash my clothes, 
You take me places I want to go.
You teach me things, you read to me,
You help me become what I want to be.
You sing me songs, you hold me tight,
You hold my hand in the dark of night.
In all the world I know it's true,
there is no mommy just like you.

The flower pot had the following poem:

I have a little recipe that isn't hard to make
But you must always start as soon as you awake.
Take a great big mixing bowl and fill it with a smile.
Mix half a cup of sunshine with good deeds to last a while.
Add a pinch of work and play, a pinch of thoughtfulness and care
But don't bake it in the oven, just spread it around everywhere.



The placemat had a section that was filled out by Xavier.  These were the questions and his answers:
My mom is prettiest when she goes to church.
My mom is 25 years old.
My mom likes to make my invitations to my birthday.
My mom always says, ridiculous!
My mom is funny when she tells jokes.
The red stick figure is Xavier's depiction of me.  Hilarious!

Xavier had one of everything for breakfast- a cinnamon roll, a doughnut, a danish, a muffin, a streussel and a banana.  I think he met his sugar quota for the week.
Here I am in my lovely hat!
Doesn't Xavier look lovely too?
After we enjoyed our gifts, a delicious breakfast, and some nice conversation with the other kids and moms the kids all sang to their mothers.  Here is a clip of one of the songs.

Wow!  Did I feel special today.  I felt so loved by my little man.  Thank you Xavier for making me the luckiest and proudest mom in the world today!

0 comments: