Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Father and Son Campout 2012

Tim took the boys on our ward's annual father/son campout. The location of the campground is the Restoration site (where the priesthood was restored), so it was a really awesome experience for Xavier to be there and know the significance of that spot.
Xavier and Gavin were hanging out with their buddies Jaden and Toby most of the time.  Xavier and Toby played Star Wars themed stuff and probably ninjas the whole time.
While the boys are away, mommy will play.  I had an entire evening and half of a Saturday all to myself.  As much as I love my family,  I had forgotten what it was like to be by myself.  It was a little weird at first, but then I got over it and had some fun.  
I went to dinner with a girlfriend and hit the mall for a little shopping.  
I was so excited that I would be able to sleep in however long I wanted.  In reality I woke up every couple hours wondering why the house was so quiet and realizing Xavier hadn't climbed into bed and Tim wasn't beside me.  How ironic.  I ended up getting up early and going for a run, showered, did my hair, and makeup without a hundred interruptions, and got some errands done.  It was fabulous mommy renewal time! 
Back to the campout, Xavier ran around the campsite with his stuffed shark tucked in the back of his shirt.
Gavin got to drink pop.  Mom definitely isn't around if that's happening.
Xavier is being a lizard.
Kenny Beam, one of Tim's young men.  
Daddy sure was a trooper bringing the little munchkin along.   We all know how well you sleep when you camp....NOT so great.  On top of that Gavin woke up in the middle of the night screaming for me.  
Pretending they are sleeping.  They sure fooled me.
Boys and sticks....need I say more?
Daddy/son bonding time at its best!  I sure hope my boys look back at these moments and realize what an amazing father they have.  He sure loves them and does everything in his power to teach them the gospel and make sure they are happy.  I look at my husband and I hope my boys try to be like him when they grow up.  

0 comments: