Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Quick Michigan getaway

We took a quick trip to Michigan this past weekend to be at James and Kathryn's wedding reception. We weren't able to attend their wedding in Chicago, but we were glad we could at least see them and the rest of the family for a little bit.

Thanks to John and Reva for a place to stay. Xavier and Gavin loved hanging out with their cousins, playing outside in the pool, in the sandbox, and just hanging out.

We left on Friday (Gavin's birthday) and came back home Sunday. Since we were on the road the entire day we didn't do much for Gavin's birthday. He did get a doughnut for breakfast (it's kind of like cake right?) Don't worry, we'll be making up for it this coming weekend with a small party.

Here is the happy couple. I have to admit, I was trying to soak up every moment with the family and didn't really take very many pictures. Tim took some, so here are a few that turned out alright.
The proud grandma. Her last Richardson boy is now hitched. Only two girls left to get married and the Richardson family will be complete....well, until more grandchildren enter the scene.

Xavier kept asking Kathryn the entire night, "Can I have a cupcake, can I have a cupcake?" When they finally cut the cupcake, it was chow time.

There is one cupcake down.
There is two cupcakes down.
There is three cupcakes down. Is he done yet?
Oh, nope. Would that be number 4? I don't know. It could have been his tenth, I lost track and Tim stopped taking pictures. We finally had to cut him off. Between the cupcakes and red punch Xavier won't need sugar for a while. He probably made just as many trips to the red punch station as he did to the cupcake table. Silly boy.
Cory and Xavier had a blast teasing and taunting each other. At one point Xavier said, "Cory are you threatening me?" And later I heard Xavier calling Cory twinkle toes. And at the end of the reception Kameron and Xavier were chasing Cory around trying to "fight" him with toilet paper tubes. Man, we've missed being close to family.

Gavin was as happy as a lark as long as mamma was close by. He's a little attached and certainly was overwhelmed with all the noise and new faces. You can't really tell in this picture, but boy does Gavin look like his Grandpa.
This picture just amazes me because these four (Eli, Gabe, Zach, and Celeste) were toddlers and preschoolers when Tim and I got married. Now they are entering the teen years. Boy do I feel old.

As soon as the music started playing Xavier said, "Mom will you marry me?" That's how he asks me to dance. So we began dancing. He kept pushing my arm right or left to have me spin. It was the cutest thing. My little man already knows how to lead a lady while dancing. All of a sudden flashes of him being a grown man and dancing at his wedding gave me shivers. Not so soon!!! We'll put the brakes on that for a while and enjoy this dance together.


Then Amelia came over wanting to dance too. At first Xavier said, "No Mia, I'm dancing with my Mother!" He loosened up a little and shared his mom, but it was cute how he just wanted me all to himself.

The cool 13 year old! Stud.
Kathryn was such a beautiful bride and just seemed to glow with excitement. We are so glad we could celebrate such a wonderful day with them.
So who will be the next Richardson to get married? Mary or Suzy? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. No pressure though. Tim is a little protective of his little sisters, so whoever marries them will have to get his seal of approval, along with many other Richardson's. It certainly is an intimidating spot to be in for whoever those lucky men will be.


3 comments:

Allison said...

Where did you get the super cute dress?? You looked beautiful.

The Richardson Clan said...

I got it at Nordstrom a couple years ago for one of Tim's MBA functions. I never get a chance to wear it so I'm glad I could pull it out again.

Mom/Dad R. said...

Finally, I got a chance to check your blog. As always, I feek a bit closer when I can see your family in action. Loved being able spend some time with you @ James' wedding. Keep up the good work, good Mommy.
Love you all,
Mom R.