Monday, June 27, 2011

Utah trip- Part 1

Our long awaited trip to Utah has come and gone. We had a wonderful time. There will be lots and lots of photos on my Utah posts. Enjoy! We hadn't been to Utah since our trek across the country to California during the summer Tim had his internship at Apple. That was August of 2009. Yep! Visiting Utah was long overdue. Our flights to Utah went as smooth as they could have with kids. Poor Gavin had come down with an ear infection the day before we left so he was fighting a fever and was miserable the entire day, but we made it and Gavin has officially had his first plane ride.


My wonderful twin sister, Ally hosted us while we were in Utah. She is such a great host! Our first day was lots of family time. We barbecued in Ally's backyard. The kids jumped on the tramp, played on the swing set, and played in the sand. The adults talked and enjoyed the family reunion so to speak.
Alicia just had her third baby in February and I was so excited to finally meet Avery. She is the cutest, most content baby ever. Plus she's got the best baby rolls and cheeks for squeezing.
Ally has a dog named Tizzy and one of Gavin's favorite things right now are dogs. He pretty much screeches any time a dog comes in contact with him. All he could do was follow Tizzy around the house. I couldn't help but crack up when I saw him with a dog in his mouth as he was following Tizzy around.

Gavin did finally discover Tizzy's tail and thought it was the funnest toy ever, so we had to keep our eye one Gavin to make sure he didn't just yank Tizzy to pieces.
Grandma and Grandpa got to see how much the kids have grown up since their visit last summer.
What is better than sitting in a sand box without any pants on? In Gavin's world, nothing!
Say cheeeese!
Gavin was getting a little ancy after taking so many pictures. As you can see this was probably the last one we took before he jumped right off grandpa's lap.
Xavier just joined in and became a part of the group in no time. He loved being around all his cousins again!
The tramp was Xavier's favorite spot. Is that really a surprise to anyone?
The next day we headed to a park in the morning for some fresh air and take a look at those breathtaking mountains. Boy do I miss seeing those every day.
Majestic mountains


Tio Tim threw the kiddos in the air. What a good uncle.
Isn't this great! It just says so much about these two girls. Ava's tongue sticking out and Myla doing her thing. These girls are adorable and have such great personalities.
My sweet angel. Even though we had Gavin on medicine for his ear infection he had a fever that lasted 5 days and continued to stay around 102 or 103 unless he had Ibuprofen or Tylenol. So the first part of the trip he wasn't his normal happy self. But after that he turned a corner and cheered right up!
Our friend Noah and Kendra and their family were also in Utah. Kendra gave birth to their third son in Utah so we were glad to be able to see them and meet their newest addition. To entertain the boys we went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving point. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Tim and Noah helped the kids build their own dinosaur. They also had a magnetic wall to put together dinosaurs.
This was probably the best dinosaur exhibit I have ever seen. They had so many dinosaurs on display and a ton of activities that were child friendly. They had this tunnel that you walked through. It was pitch black with small stars shining as if you were in outerspace. By far my favorite part.
This was my second favorite part. A MEGALADON! It really puts it in perspective to see how big this shark species really was.

At the end Xavier got to dig for dinosaur bones.

4 comments:

Linz said...

What an amazing trip! I'm so glad you guys got to do it and see so many loved ones in one place! Nothing like seeing your kids with their cousins.

The Lindsays said...

We had so much fun...we are totally missing you guys!

Stephanie said...

It was neat to look through all your photos of your trip. So glad you were able to go out and see your family. I think it's awesome that you got to spend your birthday with your sister and terrible that I forgot your birthday. I am L-A-M-E. Sorry...

And sorry I missed your call today. Busy day. I'm going to try you tomorrow! Love ya!

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Looks like a blast! That's so awesome that you were able to spend some time with your family. Loved looking at all the pictures. Xavier and Gavin are getting so big and handsome. I'm glad you had a great birthday...I was thinking about you:) Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!! Love ya!