The weather in Utah had been pretty cold before we got their, but we timed it right and hit some great weather. It was sunny and in the high seventies most of the time. A much needed relief from the mid nineties and humid at home. Since we could be outside more we took full advantage and headed to Wheeler Farm for some outdoor fun.
Gavin saw the cows and didn't stop pointing and grunting. I guess that means he liked it.

Buds
I can't say the goats were all that exciting, kind of an ugly animal if you ask me. But the kids enjoyed petting them.
A summer vacation wouldn't be complete without some swimming. We went to an indoor pool in the evening and it was so much fun. There was a jungle gym area right in the water that the kids could play on, they had a small lazy river, and a zero entry play area, plus they had a huge water slide for older kids. Eric and Ally had a water proof camera and got some really great shots. Eric even got some video clips of us going down the water slide. He would go down first and then me and Xavier went down after him. It was fantastic to get that on video.
Gavin loved being in the pool. It was his first time. Xavier is our little fish and had no problem finding his way around the water. This is our splashing maniacs in action.
We love the water!
We couldn't leave Utah without going to one of our favorite Brazilian steakhouses. Tim is always smiling if he can score some Guarana.
The kiddos did such a great job at lunch and everyone did not leave this place with one corner of their stomach empty.
After lunch we went for a wonderful drive up to Squaw Peak. This may be known to many as a romantic place to bring a date. It also had a killer view. Since Tim and I did not meet at BYU nor date in Utah we had to see what it was all about- the view that is. Not much making out going on for us except this smooch Tim snuck in during our rest at the top.
After our many years of attempting to get a good picture of all three boys we finally have one where they are all looking in the same direction! Success!
Once again, I just couldn't get enough of the mountains. I forgot how much I missed them and I had to soak it in every second I could while we were here.
After 12 years I also got to meet up with a great friend of mine. Cynthia was actually my best friend in middle and high school and probably the girlfriend I've known the longest. We lost touch after high school. Cynthia moved around a bit and ended up in NY until just a couple years ago and thanks to facebook we were able to connect once again. So we had dinner and enjoyed catching up on old times. It was as if we had seen each other yesterday. I'm so glad I was able to see her again.
The mountains still have a ton of snow and because Utah has been getting more rain than usual the water levels were dangerously fast and high. Many children have drowned because of the high water levels in many rivers up the canyons. We wanted to go hiking, but because of this we decided to forego the hike. But Allison has the best backyard and even has a fire pit, so we roasted marshmallows and hung around the fire all evening.
Tim meet fire. Fire meet Tim.
We couldn't leave Utah without going to one of our favorite Brazilian steakhouses. Tim is always smiling if he can score some Guarana.
Once again, I just couldn't get enough of the mountains. I forgot how much I missed them and I had to soak it in every second I could while we were here.
The mountains still have a ton of snow and because Utah has been getting more rain than usual the water levels were dangerously fast and high. Many children have drowned because of the high water levels in many rivers up the canyons. We wanted to go hiking, but because of this we decided to forego the hike. But Allison has the best backyard and even has a fire pit, so we roasted marshmallows and hung around the fire all evening.

0 comments:
Post a Comment