Monday, March 7, 2011

Eight Months


I don't have an eight month photo yet because our camera is broken and has been sent in for repairs. I pulled out our old camera (thank heavens I kept it) and took some pictures, but the battery died and I can't find the base to charge it, so this photo will have to do for the time being. Of course, I'm going crazy because I've missed so many cute photo ops lately.


Gavin at eight months is becoming quite the little fella. He weighs in at 18 lbs. 7 oz. His new hair is growing in pretty light, so I'm thinking he will be a little toe-head. His eyes I'm pretty sure will be hazel like his daddy.

This month has also been a rough one for our little tike. He caught a cold from his brother that quickly turned into bronchiolitis. He was put on breathing treatments to help with his wheezing, but it didn't really help, so we had to just wait it out. He had to sleep in his car seat, propped up in his Boppy, or with us for a couple weeks. My happy little guy was miserable. It was so hard to see him feel so yucky. He even hated eating solids and nursing. At one point I was having to feed him breast milk with a syringe because nursing was difficult with his congestion. This week he's finally turned the corner and doing tons better.

Gavin is starting to get into everything. He never sits still and is always trying to explore a new corner of the house. He still army crawls everywhere, but gets up on all fours when he's really excited about something. His favorite spot is by our kitchen sliding door. He loves to touch the rugs that are furry and fuzzy.

His favorite sound to make right now is the lip smacker. Every time I say kisses he smacks his lips together. It's adorable.

He is even starting to show some stranger anxiety. (I'm not excited about this one, but I guess that means he's developing normal) Mommy is definitely his favorite person, which I will soak up as long as it lasts.

Gavin loves feeding himself. We've introduced a few finger foods to him and he likes bananas, LOVES carrots, and LOVES LOVES LOVES cheerios.

Bath time with brother is the highlight of his day. Now that he's rolling and scooting everywhere he loves laying on his belly in the tub and kicking his legs like a frog as fast as he can. I get a kick out of watching him and Xavier lying side by side on their bellies and giggling in the tub. It's probably my favorite time of day too.

It baffles me to think that Gavin will be a year old in four months. He's still as happy as ever, but he's turning into one curious little man. He's learning quick from that big brother of his.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

He's adorable! So glad he is feeling better-that sounds like it was awful!