This week I set up a dramatic play area for Xavier to kick off our week of Christmas fun. I put this photo on the wall in our basement and told Xavier that Santa is really busy this week, so he needed some extra help from some special helpers. We walked downstairs and I told him we needed to wrap some presents for Santa to deliver.I put some boxes, wrapping paper, holiday bags, tissue paper, tape, scissors, and tags in one basket. Then I put some random toys in another basket. I put some reindeer ears and a Santa hat I got at the dollar store on the table for him to wear for added effect.
Then I put a small radio on his workstation so we could listen to Christmas music. I also put out some paper and crayons for him to "write" letters to the children he wrapped presents for.
Here is Santa's helper at work.Here are his completed wrappings and surprises. The people that made the "good list" were Jack, Daddy, Skyler, Myla, Bauer, Matthew, Toby, and Shenaila (I think he made this name up) not sure where it came from.
Good work Xavier for being such a good little helper! It was so much fun to see how excited Xavier was to wrap these "presents" and to think of who they should be given to. He really expanded the idea and made it his own. Now all we have to do is deliver them! Maybe we'll just have to make a box sleigh and a pillowcase for a bag to pretend to deliver them. Maybe tomorrow......
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
2 comments:
Just catching up on all the great blog posts :) Looks like the Eastern branch of the family tree is having lots of great Christmasy fun!! Love and miss you 4..
Mom/Grandma
Yes! Myla made the good list-Thank goodness. I was getting a little worried :)
Post a Comment