In just about 2 weeks Xavier is going to be a Sunbeam! To ease the transition I decided to make a special dinner to celebrate this big moment in his life.
I found this quote that I love! "A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows." We talked to Xavier about what that quote means and how he can be a sunbeam to others. We also sang Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam during dinner. Another song that I have sung to both my boys is "You are my Sunshine!" I love this song and so I sang that one to Xavier too.
We read some books and talked about what it means to be a Sunbeam. The book on the right was given to Xavier by Grandma Richardson. It's great because at the end it has a slot to put his picture in it as a reminder that he is a Sunbeam.

I added some vinyl letters to this jar that say "You are my Sunshine" and put some smiley face bubbles along with a couple toilet paper rolls wrapped in tissue paper (inside there were lemon drops for a treat)

For the table setting I put a bouquet of daisies and a picture of Xavier as a baby. He's always been a bundle of energy just like the sun. I also found this really cute packet of activities on Sugardoodle with stories and other activities for Sunbeams. (We'll be going through it over the next two weeks to remind him of his job as a Sunbeam)

The dinner menu consisted of everything yellow and orange.

Lemonade to drink.
Pineapple, cantaloupe, and red and yellow peppers for sides.
Breakfast burritos as the main dish.
I can't believe what a big boy Xavier is becoming. This is the next step in him getting older and more mature. Tim and I love this little man so much and are so proud that he will be moving into the BIG primary. He is our sunshine!
1 comments:
What a great idea Ashley! You always blow me away. It's such a great idea to make it exciting and something to look forward to, instead of something they're nervous about. I can't wait to hear what he thinks about preschool and sunbeams both!
Post a Comment