This has to be one of my favorite memories/activities of this Christmas season. It was also done at the last minute one afternoon during those witching hours before daddy got home. Xavier has always had a love for guitars and drums. I thought why not make a recycled guitar, so that's what we did. I used an old shoe box, a paper towel roll, some glitter to decorate, and some stickers. For the strings we used rubber bands and voila! a guitar. Oh and I also used some ribbon for the strap to hold it over his shoulders. When the guitar was complete I turned Pandora on, made a station using "Rockin around the Christmas Tree" as the song choice, and a whole list of current artist holiday re-makes played. It was a blast and Xavier has been playing with this thing non-stop. Free Holiday Fun!
Xavier rockin' out! He said, "Mom let's rock!" Then he said where is your microphone mom? So what do you think I did? I made a microphone out of a paint stick and a ball of aluminum foil. I added some purple lightning bolts and gold stars for decoration.So, today we were RoCk StArS!
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment