Monday, December 13, 2010

5 months old

Here is a sneak peak at one of the pictures on our Christmas card. I couldn't resist posting this pic for Gavin's 5 month post.


Gavin is a ham these days. He used to be such a quiet fella and this month he's really found a voice. He's constantly "talking up a storm" as Xavier and I call it. I guess he's realizing he has some tough competition with Xavier and his non-stop jibber jabber.

Gavin started rolling over this month. The first time he did it by himself was during our trip to Michigan over the Thanksgiving holiday. Me, Xavier, Jenny, and Amelia were surrounding him as he played on his belly one morning and sure enough he just rolled right over. As we all cheered and clapped he squealed with glee. So we rolled him back on his belly and he did it again. He was soaking up all this undivided attention.

Pat-a-cake is becoming a favorite finger play and he loves it when I sing London Bridge is Falling Down while swinging him back and forth. He is learning the game of peek-a-boo. Every night when I lay him down to sleep I always peek in his room to find his blanket over his head. Then I will move it down to his belly and he will giggle.

Gavin is sitting pretty good. He still needs me to catch him when he's wobbly, but he's getting there.

Gavin is also becoming very oral. He is chewing on anything within his reach. I sense the teeth are on their way. Until they come he's learning to wine for his pacifier to sooth that sucking desire.

We love you "boo bah"! (That's his current nickname) We love your squeals, we love your smiles, we love your talking, and we love your laughter. You are a one-of-a-kind special guy!


1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh, adorable! If this was a reject photo for the Christmas card, then I can't WAIT to see the ones that made the cut!