Monday, November 8, 2010

Xavier's First Visit with the Dentist

In preparation for this BIG event we read one of Xavier's favorite books- The Tooth Book and Tim showed him how he would have to sit in the BIG chair. He told Xavier to lay like a board and say "ahhhh" as long as he could. Xavier got a kick out of this and said he could do it, no problem.

So off we went to the dentist the next day! I kept telling Xavier that the dentist is his teeth's best friend and that the dentist was going to check to make sure his teeth are healthy and strong. Xavier couldn't wait...that is until the assistant called his name. His face appeared a little less confident. We walked to the room where Dr. Ashley was and she greeted him with a warm smile and a friendly hello. Xavier couldn't believe her name was the same as mine, but I think it helped him warm up to her quickly.


The dentist originally had Xavier straddling me so he could lay back into her lap, but Xavier insisted on sitting in the big chair. He kept talking and talking and was so entertaining to the dentist. He talked about Transformers, Halloween, sharks, and everything else he loves. I'm amazed she was able to look at his teeth.

Here Dr. Ashley is showing Xavier what the spinning toothbrush feels like.

Xavier showing us his mad patient skills. Open wide and say "aahh".

Dr. Ashley even let Xavier take some of her blue gloves home. (We played dentist all afternoon)

The verdict is.....NO CAVITIES! Yippee! I was a little worried since Xavier's candy/sugar consumption has somewhat increased since we came to Pennsylvania. But I've become more vigilant in brushing his teeth due to daddy's need to fulfill his role as Xavier's personal candyman. I'm so proud of Xavier for being so brave!

1 comments:

The Lindsays said...

That's awesome that he did so well! Madi and Ethan both HATED the dentist their first visit. While Madi was getting her teeth checked she kept doing the ASL sign for "ALL DONE! ALL DONE!" and Ethan refused to let them do xrays?! They're much better now, but it is a bit scary the first time. Way to go Xavier! :)