I love that we have an actual front yard with a tree and leaves (all the better for raking). It's the best during this time of year when you see the joy of your child jumping in them and burying himself in the colors of fall.

This brings me back to the days when I was a child and would visit my grandma and grandpa in Logan. There was a huge hill by Utah State's campus lined with trees. Me and my sister would run through the leaves, throw them up in the air, and roll down the giant hill. Today this picture made me think of my wonderful grandmother and those amazingly free fall days we'd have during our visits.
Cheers to another generation of leaf splendidness.

2 comments:
I love those pictures! It's so true that there is something so wonderful to a kid about jumping into a pile of leaves. We can't wait to plant some trees in our front yard so the kids have that in our own yard one day?! :)
I am finally getting settled back into life and catching up with everyone's blogs. I loved reading all your posts. I laughed out loud at the picture of X in the bumblebee costume and the reference to Chris Farley. Is that smart aleck Timothy corrupting my sweet Ashley as the years go by? Hehehe.
Once again, you've put me to shame and completely impressed me with all the fun Halloween festivities you did with X at home. The other day Skyler and I made a turkey card out of construction paper and mailed it to my Grandma. I was pretty proud of that til I read your blog...
Post a Comment