This year has been filled with a lot of preparations for the dedication of the Philadelphia temple. The youth from all over Pennsylvania including our stake were preparing all summer for the Cultural Celebration. It was such a wonderful experience for the youth to be able to participate in this momentous occasion and something that truly helped so many of their testimonies grow. It was incredible to see the amount of time that was given to making the costumes, choreographing the program, and practicing the program so that it would be a wonderful evening for all those that would attend. The members of all the stakes the temple would serve also had opportunities to volunteer to serve during the Open House sessions. Tim and I were in the midst of packing and moving during all of this so we were only able to each serve during one session. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to be a part of this. During my shift I was able to be a walking tour guide. I didn't have to say any parts, I just guided tour groups through the temple to each stop of the tour. At each stop there would be a volunteer who would have a memorized part to share about the significance of the room we were in. It was really neat to do this because I basically got to take a tour of the temple at least 4 times during my shift (without my kids) which allowed me to really focus on the Spirit, ponder my thoughts and feelings during the experience, and help those who weren't of our faith gain an understanding of the beauty and sacredness of our Temples. It was really neat to see so many people come to see our Temple. I had volunteered on one of the busiest days of the entire period that Open House tours were available to the public and what a neat thing to see. It was a wonderful missionary opportunity for so many people to learn about our church and the wonderful truths we have. The hope and peace and happiness that it gives us and can give them as well.
After my shift Tim and the boys met me in Philadelphia so we could tour the temple as a family. I feel so blessed that my boys got to tour the temple and feel of the Spirit that is inside those sacred walls. I hope they remember this experience and that it reminds them that they will get to be married in a temple some day if they live worthy of that blessing. It is such a special place and today was a special moment for me to be in the temple with my entire family and know that we are sealed for time and all eternity.
Families are Forever thanks to this beautiful temple and so many like it around the world.
There is also a visitor's center across from the temple that you can go and learn more about our church. At the top of the building you can go onto the roof and look across to the temple, walk around and there is even grass and flowers and landscaping that make it even more inviting to sit and ponder. Our boys ran around to burn off some energy which is also good to do on the roof. It's hard for little boys to be quiet for too long.
0 comments:
Post a Comment