Sunday, January 22, 2017

First day of school

Even though we moved 5 minutes from our old place, we moved just far enough to have to switch schools.  The boys used to attend Forks Elementary.  Now they would be going to Shawnee Elementary, home of the Shawnee Sharks.  I couldn't think of a more appropriate school for my shark loving boys to attend.  In order to be shark ready the boys needed some back-to-school haircuts.  Daddy's Barber Shop opened just in time for us to get these handsome studs a new look for the new school year.
Gavin's 360 view: front view.
Left side and right side.  Short on the sides and back and long on the top.
Xavier had the same look!  Love the way my boys look with a clean cut!  Daddy does a fantastic job!  The boys had some first day jitters being that they weren't sure who they'd know and what friends they would make.  So we had to keep things a bit light and silly during morning picture time.

The BIG fourth grader showing his wild side.

And his intellectual side.
And his fun and carefree side.



My two star students who are good kids and follow school rules.  

Now things just got even sillier.  The boys are pulling out all their silliest moves before they get on the bus.
My professional joker right there!  He brings out the fun in everything.
This will be Gavin's first year of full day school.  Now mamma's getting teary eyed at this point and sentimental.  I have flashbacks of this boy starting pre-school and I'm wondering when he got to be such a big boy?  He's sure a great kid with such a great personality!  We love his energy, his competitiveness, and his motivation to be the best that he can be!
Brothers: best of friends!
Ahhh that's brotherly love at it's best.

One final shot before we head to the bus stop.
The boys already have one friend each at their new school and they just so happen to live next door (Max who is Gavin's age and Tony who is Xavier's age).  These boys have been quick friends and they get along great!  I'm so happy about this because now I know they won't have to walk into their school/grades by themselves.  They have a buddy to make it just a little easier to face a big new change.  Tim and I are lucky to have Max and Tony's parents as our neighbors.  They are fabulous and have been so kind, gracious, and welcoming to our family.  What a blessing!

And they are off to school!  I'll be pacing the house all morning until they come home so I can hear all about their first day!
Thank heavens the first day is only half a day......I don't think I could have waited any longer to see them again.......
Their faces look like it was just another day at school.  They are old pros at this school stuff I guess.  And I'm happy they have their first day under their belt.  It always gets easier after that!

0 comments: