Fall brings another season of soccer. Gavin got to play for his first time on a rec team. He LOVED it! He was pretty much 1 inch from the ball at all times. His intensity and desire to score goals was present every second he was on the field. He kept an ongoing mental list of all the goals he made the entire season and I think it totalled forty something. It was hilarious because at his age they don't keep track, but he sure did. He's got a drive to win already. His competitive spirit will serve him well when it comes to sports.
Now I am a soccer mom to two boys! It's fun to watch them learn more each season and develop their athletic talents.
At Gavin's age level the Easton High School soccer players are the coaches. It was kind of like having a big brother coach Gavin. He enjoyed working with these two fellas and teasing them a little too.
I also achieved a goal of my own during soccer season. I ran my first half marathon. 13.1 miles baby! It was a lot of hard work, but I did it. I'm so glad I accomplished this goal. For someone who used to hate running, I have developed a love for the sport.
Reidster trying to fit in with all the big boys and their sports fun.
To top off the sporting fun our family has a new mascot.......Underman! Saving underwear one pair at a time. Now on to the next season of sports.....Basketball.




0 comments:
Post a Comment