Thursday, June 23, 2016

First Day of School 2015

Summer has come to an end.  With summer ending there were also some goodbyes that were said.  Our friend's the Holloways moved to Texas and Xavier said goodbye to his good buddy Toby.  They were both sad to part, but thanks to Facetime, phones, email, and snail mail they can still remain friends.
When one door closes another door opens.  The Summer door has closed and now the Fall door is opening.  You know what that means.......SCHOOL is back in SESSION!
Xavier is a 3rd grader and Gavin is a Kindergartener.  Whoa!  My mommy brain is not ready to have two of my boys in school.
 Xavier is super excited to be in third grade.  
 I love how Xavier is waving to us when all the other kids backs are turned.  I still remember when he was in Kindergarten and he would be the last one to get on the bus and up until the bus doors shut, he'd turn back every second and say "Bye mom, Bye, Bye mom, Bye.  Love you!"  Then when he would get off the bus he would run to me and say "MOOOOOOOMMMM!" as loud as he could and give me a super duper bear hug.  I felt like the most important person in his world.  Well, now that he's a big third grader it would be embarrassing to do that, but he still makes sure to give me an awesome hug and make the i love you sign in sign language.  I'm glad he's still not too cool for that.
 Here is my BIG Kindergartener!  He was soooo excited to ride on the big bus home with Xavier this year.  He has afternoon kindergarten so he gets on the bus to go at 12:35.  I love having the morning with him and being able to eat lunch with him before he heads off to school.
 Getting my last hug before we walk to the bus stop.
 Daddy and his big boy!

 I had a little surprise for Gavin as he left the house for school......
Gavin followed the arrows to read some last bits of advice and encouragement on his first big day at school.



 


This one says "learn new things"
And most importantly we wanted Gavin to remember we love him ALWAYS!



 He is ready to go!  Gavin had such a great group of kids at his bus stop and they all happened to be in the same class.  Alex, Zach, Gavin, Josh, and Ashton.  These boys have become such great friends! They play tag, football, hide and seek, and catch every day while waiting for the bus to come.  

 He didn't even look back.  Sniff! Sniff!  He was confident going on that bus his first day. As a mom I couldn't ask for more.  The fact that he wasn't holding on to my leg or screaming wishing to be home helps me to know he's ready to go, but part of me wanted to be the one to grab his leg or arm and scream don't goooooo.  I don't want to let go yet.  But as a mom I have to let my kids learn to fly.  So I'm letting him go and allowing him the wings to fly.

 The kids made it through their first day of the 2015-2016 school year with flying colors!  They are all smiles and ready to tackle day number two tomorrow. 

0 comments: