Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Favorite Summer Moments

These two are best buds!  I'm sure grateful to be in a country where we are free to be who we want to be, free to have all the opportunities available if we work hard, free to think how we want, free to say what we feel, free to worship God, and free from tyrants that oppress.  On this fourth of July and every fourth I've celebrated since having my own children I have a new perspective and gratitude to know that these kids are lucky to live where they live and grow up in a safe place where they don't have to live in fear.  They can live with faith, hope, and love.  They will grow and flourish because they live in a supportive community of friends, family, and neighbors who care about them.
Red, white, and blue pride!
God Bless America!  Land that we so deeply love!
Another favorite summer tradition is our trips to the beach.  It is so relaxing and nice to get away from our normal day to day lives to soak up lots of sun, listen to the waves crash along the shore, and watch our kids enjoy the wonders of making sand sculptures, jumping in the waves, and searching for seashells.

Sand sharks!  Xavier is a Tiger shark.  Gavin is a Bull shark.
Reid loved trying on all of my sun gear.  I think he looks better in that hat than I do.  
Taking a quick break before they run back to chase more waves.  This day was far out!
Reid didn't like the water so much, it was a little too chilly for his liking.  He LOVED digging and digging and digging in the sand.  It was nice for me because then I didn't have to chase him every second and worry he'd go into the water too quick for me to catch him.
Gavin kept filling his bucket and taking it to a hole he'd dug in the sand.  He couldn't figure out why the water disappeared from the hole so quickly.  It was hilarious watching him go back and forth and back and forth without any real benefit.  I know he wanted to create his own little pool, but it didn't quite work out as he was hoping.  Darn!
Reid and I were watching the big boys chase the waves.  
Whoa!  That was a gnarley wave mom!
I definitely got soaked on that one mom!  Did you see it?  
Splish! Splash! The waves were going fast!  And high today!

I see a future surfer in this one.  I think his love of skateboards might even translate into surfing.  This boy loves adventure and anything that makes my heart skip lots of beats.
I sure love this family of mine.  It's days like this that make me want to freeze time so that it will last just a little bit longer.  
You know what they say:  "Life is always better at the beach!"


0 comments: