Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Fantastic Five

He's 5!  He's 5!  He's a big boy now he's 5!  He can dress himself, he doesn't need mom to help him any more! 
To celebrate this milestone we ate a bagel picnic breakfast under an umbrella while we waited for Xavier to have his piano lesson.  It sprinkled a little bit, but not enough to rain on our parade.  We enjoyed our morning outside.



Gavin's next stop was to the library for a pre-Kindergarten class he was taking.  He got to eat lunch every day at the end of his class, so I had to make it a little special for his special day.  I wrapped every item of his lunch in wrapping paper for a fun surprise.  Gavin thought it was pretty silly.

Third stop was to the swimming pool.  Gavin has been loving the water this summer.  We had swim lessons.  As a special treat I packed Oreos for Gavin to share with his friends.  He even passed some out to the people around us that we didn't know.  He wanted everyone to feel special.  He's such a sweet and thoughtful kid.


Last stop on the agenda....HOME to celebrate the last part of Gavin's big day with daddy.


Gavin sure is loved.  The boys made a Gavin sandwich for this shot.
Gavin wanted to open presents first and then eat pizza and cake and ice cream.  So that's what we did. 
Pokemon cards.  He is constantly counting and collecting more of these things.  His favorites are the EX cards because they are the coolest he says.
I am sure proud of this big kid.  I still remember rocking him to sleep each night and singing lullabies to him so he could fall asleep.  He was always my wiggly baby and wasn't much for cuddling.  He's always on the move, but I love his spunk!  I love his excitement and determination!  I love his strong willed spirit that will prove to be an important asset when he is older.  I love his drive and competitive nature.  It reminds me of me a little bit.  But most of all I love his sense of humor....he definitely gets that one from his dad.  He makes us all laugh every day and gets his happiness from making others smile!   We love you Gavin!  
Two peas in a pod!
Gavin got a big dinosaur set and a bug jar.  Guess what he played with all summer long?  His bug jar.  He loved collecting any bug, spider, and critter he could get his hands on.
We invited a few buddies, Cye and Hayden over to eat cake with us.  After we enjoyed some Pokeball cake the boys ran outside as the sun was setting and chased fireflies.  Gavin caught enough to create a pretty awesome night light.  You're probably wondering if Gavin slept with his bug jar full of fireflies.  He sure did.  A magical end to a spectacular day and a super birthday.  I think it was pretty much a perfect day.


PARTY NUMBER DOS:  This was the first year we had an official "friend" birthday party for Gavin.  He was stoked.  He chose to have it at TWO T's Mini Golf and Laser Tag.  And he wanted a Pokemon theme.  What the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets.
Here is a Pokeball Birthday banner I made for him.  Gavin's invitation was in the form of a Pokemon card with Gavin's name on it.  I ordered it from Etsy and it turned out pretty cool.
Here is the party room.
I put Pokemon confetti, Pokemon pictures, and crayons down for the kids to color during the waiting time so they didn't get too rowdy.

Instead of a big old cake that we end up taking half home and not being able to eat, we decided to get cupcakes instead.  Definitely easier on portioning out and no leftovers.
I put together favors inside a Pokemon cup.  It included a disc shooter, pad of paper, crayons, Pokemon tattoos, M&M's (Pokeballs), a few Pokemon cards, and a pencil.
Enough about the decorations.  Let's get this party started.
The first activity was glow in the dark miniature golf.  This is Eric, a friend from church.
Cye, one of Gavin's besties.
Ashton, a neighbor and friend Gavin has had since he could walk and talk.
Finishing the last hole.
Walter came too.  He is another friend from church.  He's in the orange shirt.
Martin, Conni, and little Martin were also at the party.  They are dear friends of our families and are pretty much our closest family here in PA.
These boys are waiting to see who is going to win the air hockey game.


Next activity was Laser Tag.
I made Pikachu ears for everyone to wear.  That's an awesome bunch of Pikachu's.  From left to right
Asher, Bri, Xavier, Toby, Martin, Justin, Cye, Ashton, Lorelei, Hayden, Jayden
Front Row: Isaac, Gavin, Eric
I CHOOSE YOU!
I CHOOSE YOU!
Third, on to pizza and cake.
Isaac and Gavin are super good buddies from pre-school.  I'm so sad they'll be going to different schools next year.
The big kids: Gift, Conni, Martin, Kevin, Travis, and Mary.
Now for the cupcakes.  
Gavin blowing out his candles.  I can't get over how adorable he looks wearing those ears.
Chocolate smile!  Yum.
Cupcake messes are the bestest.
After the kids refueled they played arcade games.  

Gavin's favorite......race car driving.  I swear this kid is going to be a Nascar driver some day.  Although I don't know what that means when he gets his driver's license.  Oh boy!  

I think Gavin really liked his party.  In fact, he said it was the "Best birthday ever!"  Well he is the best 5 year old ever!  Just saying.

0 comments: