Our oldest boy turned 8! This was such a special time for Xavier and for our family. We were able to fly Tim's parents and my parents out to share such an exceptional moment in time. I will forever be grateful that they were all able to come out and for the memories we will always have of our time together.
Shopping is way more fun with Grandma! Gavin got to drive this cool "car" around the stores.
Grandpa playing with Reidster. This is how I will always remember my dad, happiest with kids surrounding him.
Gavin got to read Hop on Pop to Grandpa.
A little pillow sumo wrestling.
Grandma and Xavier sharing some silliness together.
Gavin is happy as a clam to have so many people willing to give him lots of love and attention. When we visit Utah or Michigan all the other cousins are usually around. So this was wonderful to have the grandparents all to ourselves.
Gavin loves being with Grandpa Richardson. They tease each other and give each other a hard time, giggling all the way.
A full house and conversation at the dinner table. We are surrounded by loving people and warmth in our hearts. I wish I could just keep them here forever. I'd even accept just freezing time for a little while.
The big day came. Here we are catching some snapshots before we head to the church.
Looking dapper in their Sunday dress.
Classy group of people.
Since Xavier has always had a love of all things ocean and shark related I decided to to a nautical style theme.
I placed a quote that says "Those that walk with God always reach their destination." We served lemonade and water for drinks.
I put a white lantern and two vases with white flowers at each food table. We served veggie platter, fruit platter, a mediterranean platter with stuffed grape leaves, hummus, pita bread, variety of olives, and other dips.
I had anchor confetti that I sprinkled on the tables.
At the entrance to the chapel I had a table with a notebook where everyone could write thoughts to share with Xavier. I also had his baptism program and a new set of scriptures with marking pencils. The note in the frame said "Please write a note, share a brief testimony, or mark a scripture to help remind me of this special day. Thank you."
We attempted a few pictures by the baptismal font, but Gavin was in his silly mood and Reid was not excited about pictures at all.
We are proud of the choice Xavier made to be baptized. He is such a wonderful boy with a heart of gold. He always wants to be obedient and do what is right. When he was a baby he would say "Mommy we have to choose the right not the wrong." He has been working hard to prepare for this day and one of his biggest goals was reading the entire Book of Mormon before this day. He even helped motivate Tim and I to do the same. I can say that we all benefited from the strength and the spirit that we felt by reading the words of God.
Daddy and Xavier all in white. Words can't explain the feelings I had to see this moment. For one, Tim is such a great father and second, Xavier is making choices that will help him stay on the path to his Heavenly Father. Nothing else will bring more happiness than seeing your children following God.
The baptism service was filled with so many family and friends and the Spirit was so strong. My mom spoke on baptism and Tim's mom spoke about the Holy Ghost. After the baptism and the food afterwards we came home to relax.
Grandma and Reid having some time together outside.
This will probably be one of my most favorite pictures of these two together. I love that I was able to catch this silly moment that they shared with one another. A grandma's love is a sweet love!
Grandma Richardson sent Xavier on a treasure hunt throughout the house. All the clues led to treasures that he could keep in his treasure box.
Gavin is either inside playing with his cars or climbing this tree outside. The blossoms are so beautiful in the Spring.
I think they all had a good time visiting. Like all good things they come to an end. Good times go by so fast. We gave lots of hugs and many tearful goodbyes.



0 comments:
Post a Comment