This Spring we were able to be a part of Sebastian's baptism. Xavier and Sebastian have pretty much grown up together and it was such a wonderful day to all be together and share this special moment in his life.
3 Musketeers or the 3 Stooges, it depends on the day. Probably today it's just the 3 gentleman.
Tim had the honor of baptizing Sebastian. He was even able to say the baptismal prayer in Spanish which was especially neat because Sebastian's dad mainly speaks Spanish.
Karina and her boy. These two are like our family. Karina had asked me to give a talk on the Holy Ghost. I was so happy to be a part of this special day. The Spirit was so strong and it has been such a wonderful journey to see these two grow in the gospel together.
FLASHBACK: Xavier had started preschool soon after we moved to Pennsylvania. Sebastian was in his class. It wasn't until the end of Xavier and Sebastian's first year in preschool that Karina came to church. I recognized her from preschool, but hadn't seen her at church until that Sunday. It was her first time back at church in a long time. I just so happened to be the primary president at the time and encouraged Sebastian to come to Primary with Xavier. Their attendance was hit and miss for months after that first meeting. But Karina and I got to know each other more since we saw each other at preschool several times a week. As our friendship grew and our kids friendship grew I noticed they were coming to church more often. Now Karina is endowed in the temple and Sebastian is baptized. They have changed so much since the first year we met. The happiness and joy I see between them has been such a blessing to watch.
Xavier's baptism will be in one more month. I'm grateful these two are such good friends and will be able to help each other make good choices.
They are quite the silly pair.
8 is GREAT!
Easter Egg Hunt at the community Center. Nothing creeps me out more than oversized animals. Does this bunny say creepy to you? Oh well, the kids loved him.
Xavier, Martin, and Gavin waiting in the bitterly cold wind to collect their eggs.
Poor Reidster was too small to participate. It was pretty much torture for him.
Pure mayhem and chaos once the rope was lowered and the ok was given to hunt for eggs.
Once we were home and in the warmth again I put Reid down for a nap and we dyed Easter eggs.
Waiting and waiting for the colors to set.
A very blurry image of our sleepy boys on Easter morning. That's probably what they looked like in real life with my sleepy eyes, so it's a perfect depiction of the morning.
We took the boys ice skating for a school fundraiser. Reid wasn't fond of the skates at first,
But he started to get the hang of it and was practically running in them.
Gavin was cruising on the ice like a pro.
The Fantastic Four had a super time on the ice.
After ice skating we headed over to the new hockey stadium in Allentown to watch the Phantoms play.
The boys getting a quick pic with the mascot.
I have never seen kids have so much fun at a sporting event. Thankfully it was so loud they fit right in. They were yelling and screaming and cheering on the Phantom's players. When the music played they were out of their seats dancing and singing and clapping. I would say I had more fun at this event than any other sporting event in a long time. Reid was in awe of all the lights, sounds, and entertainment that he even sat in his seat most of the time. And when he wasn't we were walking around with him keeping him busy.
The whole crew minus Tim (he's taking the picture). Go PHANTOMS!












0 comments:
Post a Comment