So seriously I am so incredibly behind on posts that it's August and I'm now getting around to writing about many of our life's events from winter and on.
Xavier had the amazing opportunity to be the lead role in his second grade concert. They re-told the story of Tikki Tikki Tembo which is an ancient story of a young Chinese boy and his brother. They sang, they acted, and entertained the audience. Xavier had lines to memorize and even sang some solo parts in the concert. He was so nervous the first time they performed for an audience, but he did such a great job up there. It was so fun to see him do something new and to be on a stage. His music teacher selected him for the part and I was glad he got to get out of his comfort zone a bit. It was definitely a learning experience and a memorable performance.
He's giving me the look. "Mom, stop taking so many pictures!" (No I will not smile for the camera)
Gabe played the part of Tikki's younger brother and Rileigh played the role of the boys mother. They all did a wonderful job saying their lines and singing their parts.
The boys and I always make fun Valentine boxes. This year Xavier wanted to make Froakie, a Pokemon. Second grade boys are obsessed with Pokemon. (I thought Pokemon was on it's way out. But I guess not! It's all the rage.)
Gavin wanted to make a robot.
Xavier won the "Most Creative" valentine box which he was especially proud of.
Winter was a rough one for these three boys. Between illnesses one after another and school closings these boys were averaging 2 days of school a week for a couple months. I felt like I homeschooled over the winter. Which had it's perks and definitely some days I was praying for warmer weather so my kids could actually have a full week of school. The funnest trip to the doctor was on a Saturday night when Tim had left town for a week on a business trip and the boys developed gunk in their eyes in a short amount of time that kept getting worse. I rushed them to a Ready-Med clinic at 6 at night in the freezing cold. We were in that clinic for what felt like FOREVER! Trying to keep a very active little baby boy occupied and off the nasty dirty floor or from putting everything in his mouth was not what I hoped to do on a Saturday night. The doctor diagnosed them with conjunctivitis- or pink eye. Fabulous! Just as a precaution I used their medicated eye drops too and didn't even attempt wearing contacts for a week in hopes I would avoid the worst of it.
So keeping the boys from touching their eyes and pinning them down to try to get the eye drops in their eyes every 4 hours was quite an ordeal.
I embraced my nerdy look for a week! But I was glad to finally be able to wear my contacts again.
One fabulous part of getting a lot of snow is that we had enough snow to build a ramp off of our porch and a sledding trail. The boys were sledding down this thing for hours and it took them all the way to the end of our yard and around our neighbors fence. It was pretty wicked.
Forks Elementary hosted a mother/son; father/daughter Valentine Dance this year. I was lucky to take this handsome boy with me. They even had a professional photographer document the special event for each couple. They had a DJ and light refreshments. Xavier's buddy Justin and his mom Gift came along with us. I'm glad because the kiddos ended up dancing with all their friends while the parents talked to each other.
We had a blast together and it makes me happy to see Xavier get along with so many of his classmates.
Gavin had Wacky Wednesday at his school in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday. This was the outfit he came up with on his own. Two different shoes, two different Christmas socks, a plaid church shirt, backwards t-shirt over the church shirt, sweathpants, tie, and to top it off a shark hat. I'd say that's pretty wacky.
In March we make our traditional Leprechaun trap in hopes of catching a tricky little Leprechaun. I report we are 0 for 8 on catching these fellas. But Xavier is determined that next year will be our year.
This year the Leprechauns went all out in playing tricks on US. They toilet papered the boys room.
Left green confetti all over the floor.
Turned the toilet water green and left messages on the mirrors.
Placed furniture in odd places and got into the cereal.
Turned picture frames upside down.
Drew silly faces on some of our pictures. It was a mess! If we don't catch them next year I don't want to know what they'll do to our house.
More SNOW!!! I was so excited to be able to be out in the snow more now that Reid was older. This was his first ride on the sled. He giggled and giggled and giggled. It was such a fun day.
We have the perfect sized hill a couple blocks from our house. So we could just walk down and sled. Half the neighborhood was sledding too which made it even more fun for everyone.
The boys were racing down the hill to see who would beat who and who would crash.
It's still as much fun as it was when I was a kid.
Gavin turned out to be my best shoveling buddy this year. He was such a trooper and was always the first one to volunteer to help. Xavier was a huge help too. Many times he'd play with Reid so I could go and shovel. My boys are great helpers and usually have a good attitude while doing it.



















0 comments:
Post a Comment