Every year we have a back to school dinner before school where we are able to choose a theme for the year, celebrate a new year of learning, and receive father's blessings. Growing up with a teacher for a mom I have a love for school and learning and I enjoy this tradition we have. Our theme for this year is "Do the right thing even when no one is looking." I want to instill in my children good character and honesty and since I can't always be with them I felt this was a good theme for this year. I hope they can make good choices no matter where they are. (and to know that even when they think no one is looking God knows their heart and their choices)
I made a fruit pencil this year which was fun and a pizza shaped like a pencil. Pizza is such a fun food to shape into all sorts of different things. Plus the kids will eat it.
I did my usual school themed table setting with paper as placemats, name tags, apples for coasters, and "you're so sharp" pencil favors.
Here are my wonderful boys ready to dig into their pizza!
I also wrote each of the boys a letter this year. In it were some things I loved about them and a few things I hope they remember when they are at school. I told them that they could put their letters in a secret pocket in their backpack and if they were ever having a bad day they could pull it out and read it to chear them up. I hope it can remind them how awesome they are to us!
They each got some new crayons, drawing paper, and an activity book!
We are ready. Let the learning and growing begin!





0 comments:
Post a Comment