Well, I am officially 40 weeks. AND.......no baby. Just like I had expected. I haven't had any signs that labor will be coming soon, not even a few contractions. So we had some friends from church, Cindy and Curtis Vielstich watch our boys so we could go see a movie. We have done that for each of my pregnancies. It helps me from feeling sorry for myself and takes my mind off what has not yet happened.
My wonderful friend Lindsay has a dance film she's been submitting to film festivals around the country this past year. Her film was selected for a local film festival called Movies at the Mill. I wanted to go show my support for her and her film so that is where we went. It was "cocktail dress" attire so I pulled out my fancy maternity dress and got all fancy for a night on the town. The festival was held at a local park. They had a big screen and chairs set up outside. They had food and drinks to enjoy. It was a neat atmosphere having it outside.

As we were getting ready to sit and enjoy the films that were selected it began to rain! So, we watched the films under umbrellas and in the dark. It definitely wasn't planned, but quite an adventure. I always joke with Lindsay that we always have adventures when we are together. This night definitely held true.
Tim and I enjoyed our last hoorah for a while until the baby is bigger. Plus, one last shot of my big belly.
Look who was awake when we got home?

0 comments:
Post a Comment