Thursday, September 6, 2012

Xavier's First Day of Kindergarten


Xavier's first day of Kindergarten was great!  

It's funny, now that Xavier is officially a school aged kids my nightmares about school have resurfaced.  I had a nightmare the night before his first day that we missed the bus and I had to take him to school, but couldn't find his classroom.  I was frantic and worried and sad that my baby was leaving me. I tossed and turned all night worrying about Xavier's first day.  Would he make friends?  Would he like school?  Would he like his teacher?  Would he be good?  Would he be okay on that BIG bus?  On and on and on.  

Well, Xavier was so excited.  It was only me that was nervous!  I am so glad he was eager to hop on that bus and head over to his new school Forks Elementary!
 It was raining, so that must mean we had some good luck on our side.
 Xavier and Kylee are good friends and they were able to sit on the bus together.  I am so happy he has a friend from the start that he can buddy up with and she's a total cutie!
 You can't see it very well, but they are holding hands.  Awe!  My heart melted when I saw this.  They helped each other feel brave that day!  
The first two days Xavier went in the morning and got to eat lunch in the cafeteria.  He usually has afternoon Kindergarten, but they do things a little silly for early dismissal days and holidays throughout the year.  I will tell you those 4 hours he was gone seemed like the longest 4 hours of my life.  I couldn't wait to pick him up and hear all about his first day.
Here is Xavier's first school lunch, bento box style.  (1/2 a PB & J, tomato and mozzarella kabobs, carrots and cucumbers with ranch, strawberries & grapes, and a hard boiled egg)
 Gavin loved loved loved seeing the big yellow bus.  Every day he asks to see the bus.  He kept saying "Me go! Me go!  Me go!"  
 He came off the bus grinning from ear to ear.  He has a couple friends in his class already and he loved school.  Yeah!!
 Buddies for life!
 When we got home and Xavier took off his backpack Gavin immediately put it on asking if he could go on the bus!  No way, I'm not ready to give him up yet.  He's stuck with me for a few more years.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad he had a good day! Your lunch puts me to shame...

Linz said...

Love the Bento box!!!! Violet loves buying her lunch but your bento box makes me wish she didn't!