Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Olympics FHE

We loved watching the Olympics together as a family this summer.  To keep my kids in the spirit of the Olympic games I decided to hold our own family Olympics.
Our first event was TRACK and FIELD:


 We had the boys do 100 meter dash

Long Jump

 Our family event- the 3 legged race

 Javelin (using some white sticks I had in the garage)
and Discus (using a ball)
 A quick drink and on to the next event.
 Balloon between the leg race.  This was quite difficult because the balloon kept sliding down my legs when I ran.
 Gavin loved this one. He figured out that if he held the balloon between his legs it wouldn't slide down. 
 Tennis

Volleyball using balloons

 Soccer-  it was Gavin and I against Tim and Xavier.  It quickly turned into mommy against daddy.  Xavier grabbed the camera and started shooting pictures of us.  Many of them were pictures of my rear end, so I'll spare those for everyone.
 Although Tim is much quicker than I am, I did gain a few victories!

We also did gymnastics: front rolls, hand stands, and cartwheels.
To end the Olympic games we had the boys hold up their Olympic torches and we awarded them each a gold medal!

Cheers to London 2012!