I have realized that most of my posts are about Xavier and Gavin and I forget to talk about the big boy in the house- Tim. I thought I'd just post an update of what our family is up to right now.
TIM: Tim has started a new role at Mars in commodities. He is now the dairy buyer for Mars. This is a great opportunity for Tim to get some experience in trading, something he hasn't done before. He's enjoyed his new role so far and is learning a lot.
Tim has also been participating in a work softball league. Their team took second place in the competition. Way to go! He also won a football throwing competition and is now in high demand for quarterback spots in the flag football league.
Tim is also the Young Men's president in our ward. I don't know if I mentioned this in the past, but our ward split at the beginning of the summer. So I was released as the Primary President so that Tim could take the role of Young Men's President. He has been busy helping out with several Eagle Scout projects.
When Tim isn't at work or serving at church he is spending quality time with me and the boys. He has had a lot to do and he has had such a positive attitude despite the stress of so many new responsibilities and demands on his time.
ME:
Now that I am not the Primary President, I have been called to be the ward librarian and ward bulletin specialist. I have been asked to "clean house". The previous librarian was there for 19 years, so a lot of stuff has accumulated over the years. I am now purging, cleaning, and organizing the library to get it up to date. It's definitely a change of pace. I sure miss the Primary children, but I do enjoy organizational projects too.
I am always busy being a mom and a wife. I'm always taking the boys here and there and everywhere. We have made lots of friends and are kept busy with school, church, and extracurricular activities.
One big news item for me is that I have to have surgery at the end of October. It is a nice excuse to have my mom come visit and help me, but it isn't something I look forward to. I have had an umbilical hernia since Gavin was born. It's become more and more painful, so I finally had it checked by my doctor. She referred me to a surgeon and voila....I'm getting surgery to fix it. The surgery will stink, but I'm hoping I'll bounce back quickly. The only difficult part will be the fact that I can't lift anything for 2 weeks. Kind of a joke when you have kids right? But my mom and Tim will be here to help.
XAVIER
Xavier loves school and has made lots of friends in his class. He has also started soccer. I chose to get him in an instructional program because I wasn't all that impressed with the YMCA soccer he did in the Spring. The coach he has right now is excellent and she's focusing on the skills of the game. Once he's got the basics down we'll try the competitive soccer again in the Spring.
Gavin is my little buddy when Xavier is at school. We play, we run errands, and we go to Storytime at the Library.
He loves being around other little people his size! He is a happy little man. He is obsessed with balls and cars and books. When I lay Gavin down at night, he wants to snuggle the last book we read instead of his stuffed bear. Kind of a funny quirk of his. He's obsessed with chewing on ice. I'm guessing he likes it because he's getting 2 molars right now. He loves textures and loves to roll in anything that feels different- sand, grass, dirt, carpet, and yesterday the tinfoil. He gets the biggest kick out of Ring Around the Rosies. Last but not least, he loves loves loves crayons and coloring. He could sit at his little table with a box of crayons for a half an hour and be content. He occasionally will eat the crayon, but for the most part he likes to scribble and color. I think he's going to be my little artist.
And THAT is what the Richardson's have been up to as of late.


3 comments:
That was fun to read! Tim would be such a stellar Young Men's president and you are going to get that library in its best shape ever! Your family pic is beautiful!
I'm so glad you did this. It's so hard to find a quiet moment to talk on the phone, but I've been wondering how you are doing. Mom wasn't sure what the hernia was from, so now I have a better idea. I'm so glad she's going to be there to help. I wish I was closer so I could, too! LOVE YOU!!! Glad to hear all is well with the Richardsons!
Loved reading the update! And I LOVE your new family pictures! Such a beautiful family.
Thanks for the links to the printables on your previous post. That was by far my favorite post. I too, felt like it was just for me. Hmmmm, you and I aren't two of a kind are we? :)
Miss you!
Post a Comment