We have entered the world of organized sports. This will be the first of many visits to a sporting practice. I can't wait to be on the sidelines cheering my son every time he plays a game!! I was never a cheerleader, but I get my chance now to cheer for the best team around (my son's team).

I wasn't expecting much from this first practice, but Xavier definitely did a great job listening and following directions for the most part. This is him in the "ready position".
Here he is actually standing in line and waiting his turn to dribble the ball and kick it in the goal. The best part of the practice was when the coach told them to dribble the ball. Xavier picked up the soccer ball and tried to dribble it like a basketball. I guess I forgot to teach him that "to dribble" means something different in soccer. It was hilarious. After a few reminders he started getting the hang of kicking it without using his hands.
Next Saturday will be his first game...stay tuned for mom's play by play.
0 comments:
Post a Comment