Friday, April 15, 2011

Gavin is 9 months


This picture makes me laugh because I gave him a teething biscuit while I was cooking dinner one
night and he ended up getting it all over his face, his arms, his hands, his hair, his legs, his shirt and even a ring
around the floor where he was sitting. Yum yum!

Gavin loves to clap his hands and give high fives.

Gavin is a crawling machine and pulls up on everything. He hasn't mastered cruising. Once he pulls up on something he usually screatches because he's stuck and can't move anywhere. He has also discovered the stairs. Aaaggh! I wouldn't mind as much if I didn't have a 4 year old who hates having gates up and knocks them down anytime he wants to go up or down the stairs. (which is about every 5 minutes). So I pretty much can't take my eyes off Gavin these days. He's starting to get into everything and I'm realizing how many more things I need to baby proof.

He loves to crawl on the grass in our backyard. He also enjoys sitting by our big glass sliding door and look out the windows. He loves playing with balls and you can bet we have our fair share of those in our house. He loves to roll them and bounce them, and hold the football while he's rolling on the ground.

Gavin loves his big brother. Every time Xavier comes into a room or comes close to him Gavin immediately starts bouncing and kicking his legs, jabbering and smiling as big as can be.

If there is a banana or cheerios in sight he starts kicking his legs and squealing because he wants to eat them! He also likes chicken and anything he can feed himself (cheese cubes, tofu, steamed broccoli, green beans, sweet potatoes, mashed peas, blueberry quarters, cantaloupe, honeydew, black beans, and carrots) It's gotten to a point that if he's not holding his own spoon or feeding himself some type of finger food he will not let me feed him his baby food.

Gavin is getting quite a little temper. If somebody takes something he is playing with he makes it known by belting out a loud scream or grunt.

Gavin is starting to enjoy reading more too. He's even beginning to turn some of the pages. I hope he loves reading as much as Xavier has enjoyed it.

It won't be long before our busy body boy is walking.

1 comments:

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

What a handsome little boy! I can't believe how big he looks. He has grown into such a little boy since Jan when we came out to visit. I can't even imagine him walking soon, so crazy! We sure LOVE that little boy!