Tim and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on the 9th. As an early celebration we went to Ocean City for the weekend. All summer I have been itching to go to the beach, but being 9 months pregnant and just having a brand new baby it wasn't really something we could do. Now that Gavin was a little older and I was, for the most part, recovered from the delivery we took a road trip.
It was so nice to get away for a fun family mini vacation. We spent Friday driving to Ocean City. We got to drive through Philadelphia which was cool. We got to the city in time for dinner and a nice stroll along the boardwalk. We'd been to Santa Cruz and walked along the boardwalk in California last summer. This summer we were walking along the boardwalk of Ocean City on the other side of the country. Kind of crazy to think about. Between the two boardwalks I loved Ocean City so much more. There were a ton of stores and things to see, way more than Santa Cruz. We walked Ocean City's boardwalk at night and the lights were bright and the place was bustling with a ton of people. Plus it seemed more organized as far as the traffic of people walking. Santa Cruz was like walking in a mess of people. Ocean City actually had lanes for each direction of walkers. The water was definitely a lot warmer too.
We also found the most amazing salt water taffy we've ever eaten. I think we ate 2 pounds of it over the weekend. Definitely not helping me lose the baby weight, but hey it was a weekend to splurge!
The only bummer is that I had forgotten to check the battery on our camera before we left. I only got two pictures before the camera died. Tim also took a couple with his phone. 
Gavin's first vist to the beach.
Doesn't this look like a pose you'd see on Baywatch? Kind of funny. When Xavier saw the sand he immediately stripped his shoes off and booked it for the waves. He was screaming with glee at each wave that touched his feet. I don't know which one he likes more sharks or the beach. He did ask us many times if we would see any sharks at the beach. If you're wondering, we didn't.
My two boys, the beach, the sand, and the sun = one happy mama
Beach bum
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
2 comments:
Lose the baby weight? What baby weight?!! You look amazing!
Looks like such a fun trip!
Sounds like so much fun (especially the salt water taffy)!
Post a Comment