Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lucky 7



Tim and I celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. It's hard to believe we've been together that long. We've almost known each other for a decade. During our trip to Ocean City we talked about our favorite times during our marriage. It sure was fun to reminisce about all the things we have experienced together. We discovered that our life together can be divided into eras. Our undergraduate era of going to school at MSU and both working 30 hours a week. Then our Bloomfield Hills era where we both had our first "real grown-up" jobs after college. Then our graduate school era back in East Lansing. Lastly, our Pennsylvania era. Our life together has been a series of experiences based on the places we've moved to. Each era has brought with it so many life changing moments and decisions, growth opportunities, and unique memories. We have had good times and bad times, but through it all we have learned together, loved together, and become a stronger family unit. It sure made me grateful that I had such a wonderful partner in this game called LIFE. I couldn't imagine going through life without somebody to share it with. What's even better is that we have two beautiful children to watch grow and develop and to also experience the journey with. It is so important who you marry and I am grateful each day for the Lord leading me to Michigan and for helping me find my wonderfully amazing eternal companion. I am truly lucky!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad we got to spend two of those eras with you! Wish we were in the current era though...

I'm glad you guys got to go to Ocean City. Looks like fun! And I'm way impressed that you're in a bathing suit one month post partum! I'm still trying to find one that fits! Last but not least, so glad Gavin is a little angel baby. You deserve it!

Linz said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad I was led to Michigan, too! You are an AMAZING couple!

Aubreydoll said...

Happy Anniversary!! Aside from your hair, you both look almost exactly the way you did when you got married!

And, I'm glad you were both led to Michigan, too!