Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Goal Accomplished

I have finally finished reading Gone with the Wind! I started the book in September and it's taken me this long to finish it, not because I didn't like it, but because it was 1035 pages long. It was officially the longest book I have ever read and I'm so glad I did. The only way I was even able to read a book this long was because I tend to have at least once a week where I cannot sleep. So thanks for my semi-insomniac self for making it possible.
I can now see why its such a classic. The story was a great depiction about love, life, war, coming of age, enduring through trials, and how to fight for what you believe in. Has anyone else read this book? What are your thoughts about it?
I've never seen the movie either, so now I will be curling up with a blanket, maybe cuddling with my hubby (that's if he's up for a chic flick), and watching the movie one night this week.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

congrats on finishing it!!!! I am very proud of you:) I have never read a book even close to that long. You are a superstar! Maybe one day, you always inspire me so much! Have fun watching your movie:)

Linz said...

We used to watch that movie every summer. It's a long one. But there are some very quotable lines. My sis could do the best impersonation of Mami. Great accomplishment, Ash!

Aubreydoll said...

So glad you read it, it's definitely one of my favorites!!

Sarah said...

I read it one summer in high school and I don't remember enough about it. You'll have to read Scarlet next :)