Sunday, July 31, 2016

Thanksgiving 2015

Gavin's Kindergarten class had a Thanksgiving Feast and I was able to come and be one of their helpers.  It was so fun to see all the preparations they made for this day.  They helped make homemade applesauce.  They baked some pumpkin bread.  Mom's brought in popcorn and juice to go along with their yummy dishes.  The boys made hats and vests and the girls made vests and feather hats to resemble the Native Americans.  They looked fantastic.

Two of Gavin's buddies, Ashton and Josh!  

The day after this filling feast we headed to Michigan.  The week that we all look forward to every year for lots of family time.
The night we arrived in Michigan snow began to fall and snowed all night.  This was what we woke up to the next day.
The boys first snow of the season.  I'm glad I came prepared with all of their snow gear.  Xavier looks like a little Eskimo.

The day after we arrived we went to the temple with Jen, Kathryn, James, Amy, and Joe.  We also ran into our friends Anna and Tony Warner.  This visit was one of the best experiences I've had at the temple.  I've never gone with so many family, but it gave me a glimpse of what heaven will be like surrounded by family.  It was a super special experience I will treasure.
Me and my forever love.
We had to fit in an MSU basketball game, of course!
Look who we ran into?  Ryan Horricks, one of Tim's college buddies.   I love these little surprises when we visit Michigan.  Sometimes you never know who you'll bump into at any time.  They are fun little surprises along the way.
Reid was loving all the action.


I got some much needed girl time.  I love these girls so much!  We went on several runs together and laughed so much.  
Some fun game time outdoors with friendly competition among in laws and siblings.
COUSINS!!  When these kids are together they have so much fun.  It's awesome to see them come together and just have the best time playing and hanging out.  
My handsome little Reidster.  Out of all of our kids he's the least used to these crazy big get togethers, but he just jumped right into all the comings and goings like an old pro.
Football and cuddling.
Look at all these beautiful women and moms.  I am sure lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing women that are huge examples to me and teach me so much about love, life, and family.
More chill time.
Eating at Grandma's table.  
Tim and I left the kiddos with Amy and her girls while we went on a little date to our old stomping grounds.  MSU football will always hold a special place in my heart.  Tim and I have such great memories of walking campus together, studying together, and watching football during our college years.

The day after Thanksgiving we always go Black Friday shopping with Joe and Amy.  This year we got a couple new recruits.  Dave and Katie came along and they were a great addition to the crowd.  Our first stop is always breakfast.  It was yummy.  We ordered the BIGGEST cinnamon roll I've ever seen as a starter.  Then we all ordered some individual meals.

After some shopping we met up with Mary and Joey for lunch.  After a long day of shopping we picked up the kids from Grandma and Grandpa's and drove back to Joe and Amy's to rest before we  left for PA the next morning.  

As usual I'm in a funk for about a week after coming back home.  I call it the vacation time blues.  We always have such a good time and part of me wishes we didn't have to leave and wishes to be closer.  So I usually have some withdrawals coming home.  That's when 

this happened.  I was running an errand and managed to smack a pole when I was pulling out of a parking spot.  I didn't see the pole because it was only as high as my headlight, but it definitely did some damage.  I think I've hit something 4 times in this car now.  It is NOT a good track record.  So terrible that our insurance said they didn't want to insure us anymore.  But thankfully we found USAA was ready to welcome us as a customer.  It was stressful to have to find a new insurance company but it will be for the better.  State Farm pretty much overcharged us and gave terrible service so we were happy to switch.  It ended up being a blessing in disguise.
Oh, and we got the car fixed.
AND last, but not least, the usual Movember tradition is still in full swing.  This was the mustache he came up with this year.   I think one of these days I need to make a collage of all of Tim's facial hair trends over the years. 

0 comments: