My entire family (minus Kendra and her family) was able to meet to go up the canyon and hike the trail around Secret Lake. It was a perfect morning. Not too hot, not too cold, baby blue skies, and the mountain air in our lungs. There is nothing like nature to soothe a soul. Being outdoors renews my spirit and refocuses my mind on what matters most. On this outdoor trek I was surrounded by the PEOPLE I love most.
They wouldn't be boys if they didn't find the biggest rock to climb within seconds of getting out of the car.
More than any other visit to Utah I noticed how much harder it was to breathe for me. I guess I've lived away from Utah long enough now that my body feels the change more than ever when I come back.
But it won't prevent me from experiencing this view!
The long line of kids, moms, and dads.
Now that's the best way to hike....on daddy's back.
Reid was trying every tactic to break out of his stroller. Tim snapped a pic before I finally gave in and released him.
This is probably one of my all time favorite family photos. I love the clouds and the mountains in the background and my awesome family all smiles. Reid loved watching the ducks swim by. At one point he was on his stomach reaching out as far as he could that he almost went swimming with the ducks.
I remember these two little love birds snuggling like this when they first met. The flame is still alive.
The kids found this cool climbing spot. No fear in these kids, only ready to experience the adventure that lies ahead.
Our three sons......sometimes I look at all three and think holy cow, those three are mine. Whoa!
Who would have thought a simple Utah girl would meet an amazing Michigan boy, fall in love, get married, have three handsome boys, and still be together after 13 years. Well, it's a better fairytale than I could have written for myself when I was young and free. I surely will be loving this man forever and always.
After our hike we sat down and ate a picnic lunch.
Reid crashed.
After some of us were done eating, we did some fishing with Naysa and Lance. No such luck in catching anything, but it was worth trying.
After our hike and lunch, Eric thought it would be a great idea to take us on a scenic drive through the mountains. I thought this was fantastic. When I come back to visit Utah I can't get enough of the breathtaking beauty the mountains offer. So of course we were all game to follow this plan. That is until we got to a point in our drive where we were on a one lane road for both directions of traffic and basically a cliff with a drop off of I don't even know how many feet on the right side of me. I literally had a panic attack. I DO NOT like being that close to an edge of any height. I remember my heart about to jump out of my chest and having to close my eyes. Forget the beautiful view I was ready to have Tim let me out so I could walk down the rest of the mountain. Gavin happened to be behind me and had the same exact reaction. I remember hearing him grab the door and say "Mom! Dad!" in the most terrified voice I've ever heard. He and I closed our eyes until we reached a point where the road widened and we were done zig zagging and spiraling down the skinny mountain road. We made it down the mountain!!! Hallelujiah! Thankfully Tim is a great driver and he had a handle on the wheel and his wits. We would have been goners if I were driving.
Oh flat ground with no cliffs how I love you! My sense of adventure is not what it used to be.
When we got home we hung out on the porch chatting. All of a sudden the sprinklers came on. It's summer, why not run through the sprinklers in regular clothes? This was probably one of my favorite memories of our trip. All the kids were laughing and playing happily. It was pure spontaneous joy oozing out of these kids bodies.
Gavin sure let himself go and just have fun. Summer is the best!
Reid is never shy about jumping into the middle of the mischief.
Now that face is intense.
Do we have to go back to Pennsylvania? Can't we just stay here forever? I wish!
Uncle Derek made a visit to see us too. After growing up with 5 sisters this poor guy finally gets some buddies to chill with on the couch. He is no longer outnumbered. It's about time he had some recruits on his side.
The next day was our day trip to COWABUNGA BAY!
Now I'm not usually a fan of water parks because every slide you go on is snuggie central and I'm not a fan of lots of people I don't know surrounding me in a pool. Not to mention I'm not a great swimmer.
BUT I will have to say that this place had me converted. We had blast. All of us went on ALL of the water slides. The best part about the water slides is that they didn't dump you into a big pool of water. The slide just ended at the bottom and you climbed out. I didn't have to worry about my boys limited swimming expertise because they didn't have to do it at the end of the slide. The wait for each slide wasn't too bad either. We just went on one slide after another after another. Reid usually rode on my lap or Tim's. At almost 2 years old I thought he was a brave little guy.
This place reminded me of the board game Mouse trap. It was very colorful and bright.
The warm pool was a nice stop to just hang after all our sliding fun.
This has been probably our most fun trip to Utah. We definitely made the most of each moment we had with our family.










1 comments:
Yay!!~ Dad got us back to your blog!!! Whata great trip you had with your family!!
Post a Comment