Saturday, March 12, 2016

Snakes on a Plane....What?

We couldn't help but title this picture "Snakes on a plane."  When you make a movie called "Snakes on a Plane" you're bound to make fun of it.  Since Xavier happened to bring his stuffed snake we thought it a perfect beginning to our trip to Utah.  Some good laughs and a Kodak moment to document the occasion.
What the boys don't know is that my face is probably more afraid that I am on the aisle with all three boys, than I am of snakes being on the plane.  Funny how Tim ended up in the seat across from us.  Hmmmm.... But since I'm a mother of 3 boys I always come prepared.  I packed a backpack with all sorts of things to keep the boys happy for the duration of the flight.  And this time it worked!  Wahoo.  They were great!


Sunny Utah.  Oh how I love the blue skies and tall mountains of Utah.  The boys are squinting because the sun seemed much brighter in Utah than in Pennsylvania.   Ally was kind enough to host us during our vacation.
One of our first adventures was to visit the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. 
The cousins picked up right where they left off.  It's awesome when you're family, because you just instantly love each other!  Even though it had been 3 years since our last visit to Utah, it seemed like yesterday and the kids connected instantly.
Reid is a dinosaur fanatic.  This was a delight for him.


Looks like Reid was asking lots of questions and listening to every word I would say in response.
I sure love being with my sisters.  I wish I were closer.  I could use there awesomeness A LOT more often.
Exploring
More exploring
Trying to put a dinosaur together.

Hands on learning.  
Avery and Nora
Ethan, Xavier, and Gavin
Playing in water and sand....
They created their own dinosaur island.
Now that's a little intimidating.  All the boys heads looked up and said "Wow!" It was hilarious.  I definitely wouldn't have wanted to be his lunch.
Not only are dinosaurs cool, but so were the ocean animals that lived during the times of dinosaurs.  They put great white sharks to shame.
Reid doing his terrified face.  "Don't eat me!  AAAAAHHHHH!"  What big teeth he has. What a big mouth he has.  What big eyes he has.  Oh my!
Digging for dinosaur bones.  They loved getting a glimpse into the life of a paleontologist. 
Hey maybe one of them will be one some day.
Ethan was happy to have some more guys around to chum around with.  He's usually pretty outnumbered.
Sistas!  Love them to pieces.  Amazing moms, fabulous women, and fun to be around.  They teach me so much and make me want to be more and do more every day.  They are huge examples to me.  
More excavating.


After hours of fun at the dinosaur museum, we headed back to Allison's where the kids organized an imaginative world of dragons, princesses, and all sorts of other characters.  They then practiced and put on a play for the grown ups.  


While the cousins play, the grown ups can relax and enjoy grown up conversation.  




0 comments: