Has it really been 15 years since I graduated high school?
Has it really been 8 years since I graduated college?
Have we really been in Pennsylvania 5 years already?
My oh my I feel like the older I get the faster time flies. But we have truly had a blessed 2014!
I look forward to new experiences, new growth, new opportunities, and new memories in 2015.
New Years Eve started off great with some unseasonably warm weather. I don't mind that at all. So off to the great outdoors for my boys to burn off energy and explore. There are always sticks involved when we are outside and the older the boys get the bigger the sticks become. Xavier seems to think a branch is the same thing as a stick.
Gavin loves climbing trees like the monkey that he is.
Reid always finds the littlest of things to curiously inspect.
Since Gavin got a skateboard for Christmas the weather couldn't have been more perfect for some practice on his board.
After some fresh air we came home to await Sebastian's arrival. I watch him on school breaks since his mom has to work. So we took him and our boys to Bounce U for a bouncing good time.
Pardon the blurry photos, they were taken with my phone. If only this pic was in focus it would have been an awesome action shot of Gavin.
Since there were a lot of bouncers today Reid took safety in being close to mommy or daddy and persuaded mommy to get a ball from the vending machine that cost $1. As if we don't have a million balls in our house, why not add another one? But it's different because it has bumps all over it. I'm a sucker for those big puppy dog eyes of his.
Climbing the spiderweb!
Sebastian hung out with us the remainder of the afternoon and then went home to celebrate the evening with his dad.
We ordered our traditional Chinese food, watched the New Years countdown, built Harry Potter Legos, and played games.
As the night got later we got pretty loopy. Daddy playing dress up!
Lots of snuggles with my boys.
And finally the countdown! The boys had about 3 noisemakers in their mouths each and their celebration hats. I had put the confetti up high because I knew what it would mean if the boys got their hands on it. Well, apparently I didn't put it high enough because they somehow found it, opened it, and preceded to throw it all over our carpet. Oh well, I guess it can be vacuumed. It definitely added to the festivities and ended the night off right.
These smiles are why I get up in the morning. These smiles are why I work hard to be the best mom I can be day in and day out no matter how tiring and tedious it can feel. Many days I fall extremely short of this goal. Sometimes certain parts of mommy hood can seem repetitive and mundane, but I try to remember all those little moments that make every second of every day worth it being a mom. My ultimate goal in life is to keep my family close to one another and happy in every possible way. Yes it's definitely a high calling, but it's a worthy goal worth fighting for each and every day.
Some of our goals for 2015 are:
MOMMY-
Spiritual Goal: Read the Book of Mormon before Xavier's baptism. (4/12/2015)
Self help Goal: Working on my temper: I will find ways to stop yelling at my kids and connect with them instead.
Physical Goal: Run 13.1 miles in a single run
Social/Emotional Goal: Schedule 1 date per month with Tim
Family Goal: Visit my family in Utah for the first time in 3 years
XAVIER-
Spiritual Goal: Read the Book of Mormon by the time I turn 8.
Physical Goal: Improve my catching and fielding skills in baseball
Academic Goal: Be able to do 50 subtraction facts in 3 minutes
New Skill Goal: Take Awesome Robotics- learn LEGO programming
Social/Emotional Goal: Be able to wait my turn to speak without interrupting
GAVIN-
Spiritual Goal: Memorize all 13 articles of faith
Physical Goal: Learn how to play soccer
Academic Goal: Be able to Read Go Dogs Go all by myself
Social/Emotional Goal: Be able to have my needs met using my words without whining or hitting
DADDY-
Move
Career Goal: Take on more responsibility at work. Possibly move into a Director Role.
Physical Goal: Coach Xavier and Gavin in sports
Spiritual Goal: Baptize Xavier
There you have it! We have big things to look forward to this coming year! We look forward to the adventure and to see what unfolds for our little family.








3 comments:
All of your goals are amazing and inspiring. Gavin is seriously memorizing the articles of faith?! I look up to you so much. P.S. haven't you been out of college more than eight years???
Last time I checked you graduated college in 2005:) That's 10 years dude!!!!!!
Ok people I wrote this late at night when the house was quiet and I was dead tired, but i knew it would be the only time I could write it in peace. So yes, my math was a little off. My brain doesn't work so well late at night. I will change it. Ha ha! OR maybe I need to go back to school and gain some brain cells back.
Post a Comment