This morning Reid was the first kiddo up as usual. He needed a bath, so after I nursed him I filled the tub and put him in. Xavier woke up soon after and hopped in the tub with Reid. I decided to get ready in the bathroom as they were playing. For a moment time froze. I looked over to see Reid with a rubber duck in his mouth and Xavier singing 5 Little Monkeys to Reid. They were both smiling at each other. It's this little moment in the morning that I cherished. Today was going to be a good day.
At dinner time I made German Pancakes. My boys are growing and constantly eating so I made two batches. I pulled them out of the oven and they looked like gigantic bubbles of yummy goodness. I told Gavin to come in while it was hot to marvel at the size of the pancakes fresh from the oven. I picked him up and he got the biggest giggle and grin on his face. Then he said, "Your the best mom ever!" Then I looked at his handsome little face and noticed the tiniest little speckles on his nose and cheeks. His freckles are adorable. I hugged him and he hugged me. There is nothing better than having a moment like that with one of your babies.
Gavin says the cutest things like when he's excited to do something he says "Oh yeah!" in the cutest little accent ever. After he does something cool he says "BOOM!"
Xavier was telling me the other day that he believes in aliens and that there is a parallel universe with another kid just like himself. Oh if I could just be in that brain of his and swim around it for a day.
Reid has decided to refuse any baby food that comes near his mouth, but as soon as I give him what we are eating he is totally involved in meal time. He pretty much eats it faster than I can put it in front of him. And I think he's eating almost as much as Gavin and Xavier are eating. It's kind of nuts how much his little body seems to hold. Ironically enough I believe he has said his first word.....drum roll please........EAT! Too funny. He's my biggest baby and he definitely loves his food.
As a mom of three very active boys some days are challenging and draining. The never ending piles of laundry, dishes, and time spent in the kitchen can get a little tedious and taxing. But I am trying to focus my energy on making the ordinary seem extraordinary. I hope that as I do this I can teach this to my kids. Appreciating the rainbow that pops into the sky after a rainstorm or the worms that come out during the rain. I hope they remember the times we laughed at a silly joke or played a game when we were supposed to be in bed. These little tidbits in my day are what I cherish most and what keep me going when the mundane gets me down. I love these little firecrackers! I am blessed.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
2 comments:
You're the best mom. I love reading about your life as a mommy!
An awesome reminder!
Post a Comment