Thursday, June 5, 2014

Let the solids begin

At almost 7 months this boy is 22 lbs. and 29 inches long.  In 6 months this boy has grown 7 inches. He is in the 95 percentile for both.   

Reid has entered the world of solid foods.  First reaction.....not so savory.  He's liking it a little more these days, but vegetables are hit and miss with him.  He favors the sweet fruit combos.  He absolutely has loved avocado.  Every time I give him some he's always opening his mouth for more faster than I can get it in his mouth.
I really love this stage.  It's fun to see his reaction to each new texture or flavor of food.   It's neat to see him try to figure out how to drink from a cup or pick up his own food.  There will be many messy moments, but all to keep this big guy growing.

 Can I just say I love this little chubbers.
 He is so great about going with the flow.  I am such a believer in routine, but it's so hard to have one when you are a third child and there are preschool schedules, outings, elementary school schedules, sports schedules, errands, and so on to take care of.  I always feel so bad that he doesn't get the best routine, but he soaks up all the hustle and bustle too.
 Everywhere we go people are always saying how happy and smiley he is.  Let's just say no matter how my day is going, he can always make me smile.  I'm so grateful for that!!
 Reid definitely loves the warmer weather.  This picture captures a complete relaxed state.  Aahhh! to be a baby.  That is the life.

We are gearing up for summer sun and many days at the pool.
I sure hope Reid likes the pool as much as he likes the bath.

0 comments: